Lightroom - How to migrate to another Harddisk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

weekh

Sep 6, 2004
Currently I've all the photos in my C drive where the Lightroom database references.
Now, I need to archive these photos to another harddisk to free up my C drive.
How do I go about 'migrating' these files together with the Lightroom references to another harddisk?

Just move those photos to the other harddisk. When you run LR after moving those files, those folders will appear red in the Folder panel under Library.
Just right click 1 of the folder & choose locate missing folder to restore it in the Folder Panel.

The rest should be re-referenced properly.

Just move those photos to the other harddisk. When you run LR after moving those files, those folders will appear red in the Folder panel under Library.
Just right click 1 of the folder & choose locate missing folder to restore it in the Folder Panel.

I tried that and my LR hangs upon starting. :dunno:

Will the modifications we made on these photos (on previous harddisk) still remain after that?

I tried that and my LR hangs upon starting. :dunno:
Hmmm..i don't have any problems with it. Sorry can't help you further cuz never experienced it before.

Will the modifications we made on these photos (on previous harddisk) still remain after that?
yup, it will still be stored in the database. Don't worry!;)

Thanks everyone.
I moved the file to another harddisk. When Lightroom says that it can't find the file (from the thumbnail), I just tell it where the new location is. Then Lightroom will automatically re-reference the rest of the files.

Status
Not open for further replies.