Lightroom course

Turbonetics

Feb 19, 2009
Iam looking to take up lightroom course to fully understand and make use of this software.
does anyone of u has got a good teacher to recommend?
individual or classroom session are welcome.:)

thank you.

catchlights said:
here you go...

Workshops, Tutorials and Classes

I, poor people, self learning by borrow some books from National Library, read on Adobe site, watch tutorials in Youtube.

I already seen these.
I want to hear some recommendations from members here.

I already seen these.
I want to hear some recommendations from members here.
We don't know what is a "good teacher" to you. Everybody has a different style of learning. There are also Tutorial DVDs out where you can follow the video and work with the same files.
The videos will only teach you what each slider and switch does - but it's up to you how to use it for all the different pictures you have. It's not a cookbook for perfect images.

Spending more time using it is the best experience one can have. Practices makes perfect.

There are easily hundreds and hundreds of Youtube videos showing how to perform tasks in LR. Don't tell me you've watched them all.

YouTube videos are really basic and very often ends up with the presenter trying to sell their presets. For those amazing PPs, you probably won't find many online, because it's a skill set which many holds on dearly.

I agree with tonyep, just need to keep on practicing. The videos are basically a guide to know which function operates in what manner.

I believe I saw some workshops being conducted by advertisers here, was tempted to sign up but am afraid it's just some basic operations such as those found online...

I believe I saw some workshops being conducted by advertisers here, was tempted to sign up but am afraid it's just some basic operations such as those found online...

Yup, most cover what the built-in tutorial teaches already

Dear Friends,

Has anyone recently attended a Lightroom editing workshop locally? ( Yes1 i have been through a lot of you tube content). Any recommendations will be highly appreciated. Thanking in anticipation.

Rgds

Ajit
9118four556

What areas are you looking at...

Hi bro Turbonectics, I know you are already a good seasoned photographer, so probably you are most probably already well versed in ACR and PS. The transition to LR is very similar and it is actually better to just self learn from videos online etc. If you need a starter lesson and can wait till July I can give you a quick one over kopi in July. BTW, I got a lot tips back in the day from senior member Dan above.

Edit: Opppsss.. didn't notice this is a very old thread... lol. getting old.
Kingajit, maybe you can start a new thread so members here can help you out more.