Lightroom Border

conkeychua

Aug 19, 2009
Hi all,

New in PP and just gotten Lightroom . I understand that Lightroom do not have the following function or please correct me if im wrong.

Am at the final stage of PP and am loving it :)

WOuld like to know what are the recommended software to create border or photo frame ( Sorry if im not using the right term )

Would like my pictures to have a basic thin white line around and black borders...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Only can be done in Photoshop.

Only can be done in Photoshop.

Bro thanks for the advice but i have the following question hope you dont mind :) :

1) If in ONLY can be done in PS then its kinda ex to invest just for border purpose so hoping for a cheaper option.

2) Do you have to create one for every picture or you can do it up as a template? Possible to get a friend whom has PS to create it for me?

Cheers!

1.Can tried GIMP, which is another alternative to photoshop not sure about the features though.

2. Not nesssary it depend on your choice.

In photoshop, you can create "actions" that automated the size of the border as a % of the size of the photo.... or you can have a fixed size border for all sizes of photo..
To apply the border, it is as simple as 1 click.... the rest is automated.

Dont know what kind of investment you are referring to with regards to software... Haven done that in years.....
Just got Lightroom yesterday.. haven figure how to use yet... lolx

Was exploring LR yesterday doesnt seem it it supports 'actions"

U can use lightroom to add borders to all your images... I use lightroom for all my photos... it is fast, efficient and pretty nice looking... I put a sample below...

ILightMarinaBay-29.jpg

There are 2 ways to do the border thingy...

the first way is using slideshow... use the slideshow features to design the borders that u want and then export the photos...

the another way which I am using now is using plugin... search LR2/Mogrify plugin...

U can use lightroom to add borders to all your images... I use lightroom for all my photos... it is fast, efficient and pretty nice looking... I put a sample below...

ILightMarinaBay-29.jpg

And this is done in lightroom?? You just gave me hope :) any quick advise on how to do it? Somehow I can't find this written tutorial on the web. I have a lightroom tutorial video but have not finish watching don't know if they teach this step or not :)

There are 2 ways to do the border thingy...

the first way is using slideshow... use the slideshow features to design the borders that u want and then export the photos...

the another way which I am using now is using plugin... search LR2/Mogrify plugin...

Oh sorry didn't see this explainatory post on the borders. Thanks alot .

Can I say that your example is done using slide show?

I am using the plugins for now... in the past I was using slideshow... I find using plugins is better...

U try searching for the plugins first... I believe got tutorial about it... Your lightroom tutorial will not be useful for your border thingy. :-D

I tried and tested, no need any plugin to do border and signature in Lightroom.
Goto slideshow screen, update ur signature, choose ur colour of border, then just click on export.. all ur exported images come with the border and signature.
:thumbsup:

I am using the plugins for now... in the past I was using slideshow... I find using plugins is better...

U try searching for the plugins first... I believe got tutorial about it... Your lightroom tutorial will not be useful for your border thingy. :-D

Haizzz I just tried using the slide show and failed. Everything was ok but when export, it went back to normal without border :( ok am gonna go for the plug in now :)

I tried and tested, no need any plugin to do border and signature in Lightroom.
Goto slideshow screen, update ur signature, choose ur colour of border, then just click on export.. all ur exported images come with the border and signature.
:thumbsup:

Bro you make it sound so simple and make me look so bad cause I just tried and probably am clicking on the wrong place :(

I like very much! :) Thanks for sharing this, I'll have to play around with some plug-ins I think.

Bro you make it sound so simple and make me look so bad cause I just tried and probably am clicking on the wrong place :(

at the slideshow module,
select the slideshow tab on the top left corner
select export slide jpeg slide show
and you have the border.