Lightroom 3

KennethLin

Feb 24, 2006
Hougang
HI guys.. Does anybody know where to get the educational price?

I think there isnt a education version for Lightroom3...
But if u r using Lightroom2 education version, u can do a upgrade online for a fee at adobe, which will upgrade yr present Lightroom2 education version to a Lightroom3 (Which i heard is a retail version)...
That is what i did...

Last time i bought it from riceball... But its years ago, i dunno they still have it or not..

What's new in LR3 compare to LR2? Is it worth the US$99 upgrade? Thanks.

riceball stopped selling software..from wat the guy said..

lightroom 3 touch-up brushes are awesome.....Noise reduction too...

I think there isnt a education version for Lightroom3...
But if u r using Lightroom2 education version, u can do a upgrade online for a fee at adobe, which will upgrade yr present Lightroom2 education version to a Lightroom3 (Which i heard is a retail version)...
That is what i did...
din know u can do that with the edu version of LR2... thanks for the info, shall try that out :D

Educational pricing license are not eligible for upgrade right? Remember reading that in order for you to have the new version, you need to buy a new license.

Educational pricing license are not eligible for upgrade right? Remember reading that in order for you to have the new version, you need to buy a new license.
hmm... conflicting info... anyone else tried it yet? been too busy with work to get a chance to try it myself...

din know u can do that with the edu version of LR2... thanks for the info, shall try that out :D

U r welcome... Its nice to help...

Lightroom2 education version can upgrade to lightroom3... Tat is what i did.. The upgrade version i got it from adobe website...

Once u download the lightroom3, it will give u a new cd key which is also the licence....
When u install the lightroom3, it will have a prompt to ask u to enter in the key, after u enter it, u can use the lightroom3 with the new license already...

anyone gotten the LR3 full version (non - edu) in SG already?
Saw on bhphotovideo that it is selling: $279.99 USD

Sorry to OT,

But does anyone knows when Lightroom 3 would hit our shores?
Thinking of getting the upgrade version.

Last i heard was 17th?

I bought it online from Adobe and opt for the download version about a month ago.
I assume you want the boxed version ?

Sorry to OT,

But does anyone knows when Lightroom 3 would hit our shores?
Thinking of getting the upgrade version.

Last i heard was 17th?

I got Lightroom 3 at Funan (shop: E-2000) 2 weeks ago. Didn't notice any edu version.
Price then was SGD$449 for full version. Am sure someone must be selling it cheaper somewhere?

Just got it online and loving it... definitely a worthy upgrade

Huh.... another person got it online...
Should i just upgrade online?

Though i do prefer having a boxed set with the papers and everything.:bsmilie::bsmilie:

Huh.... another person got it online...
Should i just upgrade online?

Though i do prefer having a boxed set with the papers and everything.:bsmilie::bsmilie:

I reckon get it online. If you have a adobe account, the serial number and download copy is stored in your account so you can download again and again should you need to (eg computer crash *touch wood* or change PC/hard disk or even change to mac or vice versa).

And the physical box u only get a dvd, dvd casing, serial number sticker on the casing and a box. no book or manual.