LR Tips Lightroom 3 Now Shipping

RSSNewsRobot

Sep 27, 2006
Major release advances image quality, performance and workflow flexibility for photographers.read more

More...

FYI, from now until June 18th, you can use the code Lightroom3 to get a 15% discount off the full version from the Adobe E-Store. This code was sent out to users of the beta version.

There is also a 30% discount off LR3 if purchased with a CS5 package.

US$299 is freaking affordable for photoshop features without the complexity.

Is the LR3 upgrade pack (at USD$99) available in Singapore? I'm a LR 2 user.

Has anyone tried purchasing the USD$99 upgrade online? Wondering if its just a simple install over my LR2?

hi all...i want to purchase both cs5 and lr3...do i have to e-order from adobe or i could get one from here?

Hi Yaneza, for info I called some of my regular shops in Funan today. Seems that LR3 will be available probably later this coming week, best to give a call in advance first.

Has anyone tried purchasing the USD$99 upgrade online? Wondering if its just a simple install over my LR2?

i upgrade from LR1 to LR2 this way... and now LR2 to LR3 the same way... they will charge to your credit card, and you just download the software and they will email you the serial key... they will also mail you an invoice for your reference...

Hi flowerpot, thanks for the info. Since the online price and the CD price are about the same I will pick up the CD next week from Funan. Easier for me to keep track of my software :) Thanks!

Is the upgrade available for those who have the LR1?

FYI, from now until June 18th, you can use the code Lightroom3 to get a 15% discount off the full version from the Adobe E-Store. This code was sent out to users of the beta version.

There is also a 30% discount off LR3 if purchased with a CS5 package.

I tried the beta but didn't get the message. How do I enter the promo code ? I didn't see it anywhere on the e-store.

Thx

Well i received an email with the code, which works, but another friend who had also downloaded the beta did not receive it. I don’t think I was a particularly valuable contributor (although I did tweet the LR team once or twice). I suspect it’s because my adobe account is registered in the US, which tends to get all the promos. In any case, the code works on the SG store as well ;)

To use the code, add the full version to your cart, then before checkout type “Lightroom3” in the box where it says ‘Enter Promotion Code here :’.

Hope that helps!

arsene - yes the upgrade is useable for LR1. adobe normally provides an upgrade path for at least the last 2 versions. for CS5, the upgrade was valid for CS2,3,4 so the last 3 versions!