Lightmeter for Studio

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam_always

Apr 10, 2004
Singapore
Hi all... i am going to setup a home studio. I am currently straggling on lightmeter, dont know which one to choose. I have less experience and knowledge on lightmeter. PLease recommand me one. my badget is around S$300.. I dont which to get a wrong one or upgrade it next time :sweat: .... thanks

most brands of lightmeter performs about the same functions. features may differ. prices too.

oic... but when i browse the bhphoto... the price range of light meter is actually from USD80 to ~USD500... The functionality of the lightmeter increase when the price increase.... most lightmeter can triggle the flash to fire one right?

sam_always said:
oic... but when i browse the bhphoto... the price range of light meter is actually from USD80 to ~USD500... The functionality of the lightmeter increase when the price increase.... most lightmeter can triggle the flash to fire one right?

Unless you attached a sync-cord to it. Or fire manually with your lighting system or better still, they have wireless slave.;) Cheers dude.

Check out Sekonic L308S flash mate or the cheaper older version L308B should fit your need nicely but a bit over your budget :)

Try the Gossen Digiflash. It does incident, reflected and flash readings. Fits in your pocket and it's one of the cheapest, less than USD200.
Cheers, Gus

do you want a sole incident light meter or do you want a spot light meter? or combined?

for sole incident light meter, i used Minolta IV and V before. both are equally good and sufficient to handle most metering.

for combined light meter, try the sekonic 558 ( i think the model number is this)

as for spot, i've forgotten wat brand i used previously. ;p

sekonic 558 is too expensive already. 2 times my budget. how about Sekonic 358? anyone having it? is it a combine light meter? or just sole incident? thanks

Suggest a Polaris, probably under SGD 300. Ruby Photo should have them. Can do cordless synch. I bought mind from fotoguide (not around anymore) for about $250.

sam_always said:
Hi all... i am going to setup a home studio. I am currently straggling on lightmeter, dont know which one to choose. I have less experience and knowledge on lightmeter. PLease recommand me one. my badget is around S$300.. I dont which to get a wrong one or upgrade it next time :sweat: .... thanks

Sekonic 308B either the new one or the old one....very good!

The Sekonic 308B is small, light & fits into pocket.

Can take incident, reflective & flash reading. Can take cord & cordless flash reading. However, you need to attach a sync cord to trigger the flash. Unless you use radio or IR to trigger flash.

Light meters with Spot metering, generally much more expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.