lightly tossed snack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Mar 4, 2002
Singapore
www.frednmich.com
Here is a recent picture of a Blue-Throated Bee-eater doing its normal feeding ritual, tossing a dragon-fly before eating it. :)

Comments and critiques are welcome! :D

08.jpg

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Great moment!

This is one shot that many experienced nature photog would love to have but only very few managed to capture, becasue it is very difficult as the moment happen within split secs. At this point I would like to correct the perception of "normal feeding ritual" while it is normal it does not mean that it will do the tossing of its prey everytime. It is only once in a while when it have to turn its feed (especially bees) to position it in a manner where it can swallow it head first.

You have done exceptionally well. The exposure, details and sharpness of both subject are also well captured, and of course critical to this shot is the moment.

This is one very good example of "longer doesn't mean better" because it was taken with a 300mm lens with 2xTC. A 500mm with 1.4xTC would have got part of the dragonfly out of the frame.

Once again well done my friend and of course I am envious :bsmilie:

Well done Fred. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

A most excellent shot Fred! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Great timing for this one. This is a shot most bird photographers (myself included) could only dream about. Your best shot so far I am sure, and one you can be very proud of. Well done and keep up the good work!

Gremlin, Frankliu, Madcat II, Peng Eik, Sai Khoon, kongg, Michelle, Garion and Matthew, Thanks for your comments. Looking forward to making better images and sharing it here. Happy shooting! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.