Lighting flash kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyred

Oct 7, 2008
AMK
erikyeoh.deviantart.com
Hi,

I'm not familar with flash so hope you guys can point out to me the pros and cons of this set of equipment: http://store.tagotech.com/product_i...id=94&osCsid=b07717872489d4af46d430e9612e0a3c

I'm using it for taking figurines. Currently using a desk lamp.

I assume it's battery powered? So if I want to shoot something else for a change, I can use it outdoors?

Also, would this be a cheaper solution or should I just get a speedlite?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Please READ carefully.

It's AC powered and it's fixed power, which means you'd have to move the whole rig if you want to have a lowered lighting ratio.

This may be cheap but a flash would be much easier and portable. Also since you're using a D80, you can use the camera as a commander to trigger off camera SB-600's or SB-800's or 900's... complete with iTTL control.

Ah, I not sure if the AC swivel adapter means it's AC powered cos the description says it just connects the equipment together.

In what situations would I need to have a lowered lighting ratio? Increasing the shutter speed is not the same?

Ah, I not sure if the AC swivel adapter means it's AC powered cos the description says it just connects the equipment together.

In what situations would I need to have a lowered lighting ratio? Increasing the shutter speed is not the same?

you may want to do low key, or other senarios... plus, I am not really sure how far you'd want to place it away anyway, depending on your room constraint.

for flash exposure, has noting to do with the shutter speed unless you go beyond flash sync speed, if you go beyond flash sync, you will have less half black, medium half black, more half back, all black photos depends what speed you are in...

lower the intensity of light which only have fixed output, the most simple way is to use smaller aperture, or lower your ISO
you also can use ND filter on lens, or on the lights.

what most people is just moving the lights,
further away from the subject is to lower the exposure
nearer towards the subject is to increase the exposure.

Status
Not open for further replies.