Lighthouses

Status
Not open for further replies.

erwinx

Jan 18, 2002
Visit site
Places where lighthouses are situated usually have (1) strong winds (2) high waves and salt spray. Bring a plastic bag to cover camera in between exposures.

10611.jpg

10612.jpg

for this photo, was inspired by outdoor photography mag. Given the amount of salt water that hit the lens, i'm glad it was a cheap sigma rather than an AF-S.

10721.jpg

Shooting straight into the sun with a Cokin 1-stop grey grad and a Sigma Lens :) I have no good dawn photos to show of this lighthouse because the gale force winds (I had to hold the tripod down) made all the photos blur.

10722.jpg

The scene directly to the right. The cliff face glowed orange. You can see the cliff edge because I decided against standing at the cliff edge due to the wind.

Nice lighting and composition :)

Some inspiring landscapes!...

Especially liked the 2nd one...

the first one is near Weymouth, the other is near Holyhead, UK. There are some good lighthouse-fanatic sites on the web if you want to look for lighthouses to photograph

Originally posted by Prime
:thumbsup: ;)

Where is this place?

Nice pics!!! :thumbsup: I like the 2nd one!!

erwinx,
do you have a hires one for the 2nd pic? wanna make it as my wallpaper.

can email me or something?

Thanks! :)

10721.jpg

wohooo this one breathe taking

Originally posted by erwinx

10612.jpg

for this photo, was inspired by outdoor photography mag. Given the amount of salt water that hit the lens, i'm glad it was a cheap sigma rather than an AF-S.

Great shots erwinx. I like this one the best. Simple, artistic, and elegant. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.