Lighted Pathway in Clarke Quay Area

bennahnah

Nov 14, 2010
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor

1.in what area is critique to be sought?

I will like feedback on the composition and colours
I chose this area where it has many colourful lights etc. I also placed the pathway roughly in the centre leading up to the people in the background of the pic to lead the viewer's eyes to the people enjoying the nightlife in the area.

2.what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?

Show the vibrant nightlife in SG and to show the colourful side of SG

3.under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)

8pm, dark but have many bright coloured lights around. Emotions = jolly coz it was xmas!

4.what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture

Personally, I like this picture because it is really colourful :)

i thought it is still passable i quite like the floor light leading to the people)... except if those trees can be removed. but i know it is not possible haha, maybe u want to explore a different angle next time. nice try!

Just sharing my thoughts, I think you mentioned that you wish to show a vibrant nightlife. However, for me I see colour yes, vibrant nightlife? What would be your definition of a vibrant nightlife? Vivid colours or interesting crowd or many beautifully lit pubs and clubs?

Actually, I like the idea of the path, but I was unsure of how the 2 men that the path led to is actually "enjoying" the nightlife. Just my humble 2c, hope you don't mind. :)

@sinned79: Thx for the comment! Will try out your advice in the future :)

@nitewalk: Thx for your comment! On second thoughts (And looking at the pic) Yeah the picture doesnt really depict VIBRANT nightlife (in fact there arent many people). What I had in mind was like to capture something like the neon lights in those other big cities which are super colourful and nice. And when I saw the colourful lights in this place, I wanted to capture the coloured flooring, the purple ceiling etc.

As for the 2 men... hahaha! to be honest, it was a mistake of mine. Behind the 2 men are actually pubs where people are drinking etc haha! Maybe I could have zoomed in or moved closer because the pubs at the background are not very obvious. I'll work on that in the future!

Thanks for the comments friends :)