Lightbox and loupe

Status
Not open for further replies.

mervlam

Apr 26, 2002
Visit site
Anyone can recommend a small lightbox and a x8 loupe for under $140?

Originally posted by mervlam
Anyone can recommend a small lightbox and a x8 loupe for under $140?

go to fotoguide to get the Kaiser Slimlite lightbox for $65 .. but it is using 6x AAA batt

cp sell PEAK 8X loupe for $45 to $50 ..

Spend $50 more, go to Cathay Photo and get their Rodenstock 4x Aspheric Loupe + Cabin CL5000P Lightbox + AC Adaptor for $190. The loupe itself makes it more than worth it - it's $195 ALONE. Very, very sharp and distortion free. Highly recommended.

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang
Spend $50 more, go to Cathay Photo and get their Rodenstock 4x Aspheric Loupe + Cabin CL5000P Lightbox + AC Adaptor for $190. The loupe itself makes it more than worth it - it's $195 ALONE. Very, very sharp and distortion free. Highly recommended.

Regards
CK

i feel that a 4x loupe will not be able to pick details as it can pick up only a full frame... that's why i am not taking up the offer

i feel that a 4x loupe will not be able to pick details as it can only a full frame... that's why i am not taking up the offer

True, but still, a good 4x is better than a cheap 8x. Nevertheless, a reasonably good 8x is the Peak 8x, which is selling for less than $50 at CP. I have both, and I find the Rodenstock sharper and has less distortion.

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang

True, but still, a good 4x is better than a cheap 8x. Nevertheless, a reasonably good 8x is the Peak 8x, which is selling for less than $50 at CP. I have both, and I find the Rodenstock sharper and has less distortion.

Regards
CK

he is right. a good 4X is better than a lower grade 8X anything. Also, you won't feel any eyestrain, especially when you spend a lot of time eyeballing your slides...

go down to the shops and try for yourself.

is the Peak 10x supposed to be more expensive than the Peak 8x?

I got the Peak 10x loupe from CP for $15 leh.

Originally posted by Tweek
is the Peak 10x supposed to be more expensive than the Peak 8x?

I got the Peak 10x loupe from CP for $15 leh.

Quality varies. There are a few Peak 10x around, the $15 one is probably the lower-end one.

Regards
CK

Originally posted by skf

he is right. a good 4X is better than a lower grade 8X anything. Also, you won't feel any eyestrain, especially when you spend a lot of time eyeballing your slides...

go down to the shops and try for yourself.

The other thing about the 8x loupes is that you have to be very close to the loupe to get a good image. With the Rodenstock 4X, I can be far away from the loupe and I still get a good image. :) A LOT less eyestrain.

Regards
CK

Originally posted by victor
if u have a 50mm lens, u can use it as a loupe
really? that's new to me... how does that work? i got a 50mm f/1.8, do i just put it on the slide?

i feel that a 4x loupe will not be able to pick details as it can pick up only a full frame... that's why i am not taking up the offer

the reason to go for the 4x IS because you want to SEE FULL FRAME all at once, if you go got the 8X, you're just going to bang balls to buy the 4x again. with the 8X, you'll have to dark around to view the image.

to check for sharpness, get another 10x or 20x loupe.

there is no 1 loupe for all use situation, either you go for the 4x now... or you spend some money first.. then return for the 4x.

wither way.... you'll need the 4x

Originally posted by rueyloon

the reason to go for the 4x IS because you want to SEE FULL FRAME all at once, if you go got the 8X, you're just going to bang balls to buy the 4x again. with the 8X, you'll have to dark around to view the image.

to check for sharpness, get another 10x or 20x loupe.

there is no 1 loupe for all use situation, either you go for the 4x now... or you spend some money first.. then return for the 4x.

wither way.... you'll need the 4x

Actually, the Peak 8X views full frame, but only the centre is sharp. ;p So you still need to shift the loupe around, like you said.

Regards
CK

Status
Not open for further replies.