Light weight DSLR

Status
Not open for further replies.

LBL2009

Jul 9, 2009
Seletar Estate, Singapore
I am a newbie seeking some advice.

What lens will you suggest if I get a second-hand entry level DSLR body and if I wish to achieve -

1. light weight
2. lower cost and good enough for shooting landscapes and portrait

What are the limitations with the suggested lens.

Thanks.

The lens we suggest would depend on the camera body. But, EVERY KIT LENS meets your criteria.

All entry-level DSLR cameras from Sony, Canon, Nikon, Olympus and Pentax are lightweight.

Have you even done any research on your own yet?

D40 cheap and good.If you wanna buy PM me I have 1 for sale bidding ends thursday

no personal ads on newbies corners please, lamergod.

but what he said is correct.

the D40 coupled with kit lens 18-55 II is a perfect beginner's set

if you need the more autofocus points or want a bigger LCD screen,

there's a D5000 kit as well:p

Do some online research on your own..

Try not to ask for camera brand here,
as canon user will say canon good, nikon user say nikon good and so on..

Remember to go down to the camera shops to try the camera models that u had narrow down.
Avoid going to most shops in Lucky Plaza or Sim Lim Square (except Lords, Orient Photo),
where u might be pressurized, conned into buying something that is unnecessary or originally is already part of the package
End of the day, do ur homework well & no one can bullshit u :cool:

the Olympus E-420 is touted as the smallest/lightest DSLR in the world

Last edited:
the Olympus E-420 is touted as the lightest DSLR in the world

My cousin is using E-420 now.. N she not happy with it.. She missed her Canon 350D very much.. BTW, E420 is only slightly lighter than my 1000D.

ALL DSLRS can take landscapes and portraits.Try getting a Canon 500D or Nikon D5000.Do have a look at the consumer cameras from the other brands.

just go to store and test it out urself...

everyone will have their own preferences... it's best you try it out urself

don't get the D5000, it is spoiled thanks to nikon..you have to go thru lots of repair, unless you wanna wait till they settle the issue..

don't get the D5000, it is spoiled thanks to nikon..you have to go thru lots of repair, unless you wanna wait till they settle the issue..

should check serial number before you buy... walk away if you see the serial number 30xxxxx....

hope this helps...

Thanks. I read reviews on the cameras recommended by some of you. I must say, it is really not easy to make a decision since most of them look good to me.

Then a D40 with kit lens came along, it was well kept by the previous owner and relatively new, so I bought it, probably at a price higher than what other people would pay.

Go and try all these and see which one you like; they all produce decent pictures and does'nt burn a hole in your pocket.

Canon EOS 1000D

Nikon D60

Sony A230

Pentax K-m

Olympus E520

Last edited:
Light weight not necessary good, together with your intended lens, it should feel balanced in your hands. And the best way to find out is to go down to shops to try out.

Status
Not open for further replies.