Light Tripod likes Gitzo Tripod GT1550T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snel lenS

Sep 7, 2007
Singapore
Hi all,

I am thinking to changing my current tripod to lighter one. I wish to carry tripod for every tour but sometime extra weight can become an issue. I am not familiar with the tripod price and quality. Can help me recomment few light tripod?

My current tripod is Manfrotto 190XProb + 486RC which is 2.6kg in total but really serve me well. May need something 1kg +-.

:):)

Why not get the Manfrotto 190CXPRO3 or 4.
Is abt 1.2Kg...If I remember correctly...:think:

I also planning to get this tripod...:sweatsm:
Is very light..:thumbsup:

Manfrotto 190CXPRO3

Hi all,

I am thinking to changing my current tripod to lighter one. I wish to carry tripod for every tour but sometime extra weight can become an issue. I am not familiar with the tripod price and quality. Can help me recomment few light tripod?

My current tripod is Manfrotto 190XProb + 486RC which is 2.6kg in total but really serve me well. May need something 1kg +-.

:):)

You will never go wrong with GT1500T but with a premium price to pay..... light and short when folded, make it easy for travelling

Or you may consider Feisol Tournament Series, but i dunno can be found locally.... you may go their website to see

For travelling the best is can be folded 180 degree with ballhead attached inside the legs....

Why not get the Manfrotto 190CXPRO3 or 4.
Is abt 1.2Kg...If I remember correctly...:think:

I also planning to get this tripod...:sweatsm:
Is very light..:thumbsup:

Manfrotto 190CXPRO3

What's the price for the Manfrotto?

A Benro CF might be cheaper. There should be a shop that carries quite a range of them in Peninsula Shopping Centre..

Like to do reserch before going to Peninsula or other shop. Or simply go for GT1550T, it wont go wrong. I have checked in the internet, the price is USD670. Wow! Not sure how much it costs in Singapore.

I think everyone will want GT1550T.
How about GT1540T. It looks similar too.

May i know the price for Manfrotto 190CXPRO 3/4 or Feisol Tournament Series?

Thanks

Like to do reserch before going to Peninsula or other shop. Or simply go for GT1550T, it wont go wrong. I have checked in the internet, the price is USD670. Wow! Not sure how much it costs in Singapore.

May i know the price for Manfrotto 190CXPRO 3/4 or Feisol Tournament Series?

Thanks

I also looking for one light tripod.
Anyone can comment on GT1550T, GT1540T and GT0541 ?

i just bought a gitzo gt2330 and its simply awesome!

If you are interested in a light and cheap carbon fiber tripod (as far as carbon fiber tripods go) for travelling use, I would recommend the Slik Pro 614CF. Only weigh 0.86kg and cost ~S$350. ;)

Can't go wrong with the Gitzo traveller series and a good ballhead, e.g. Markins Q3. It is the best combi for travel use. But do take note of the weight limitation. Saying that, I have used that with a Nikon D200 and 80-400 lens.

Basically, invest well and the setup will last for years.

What's the price for the Manfrotto?

A Benro CF might be cheaper. There should be a shop that carries quite a range of them in Peninsula Shopping Centre..

Check this thread for benro price. I'm considering the Travel Angel tripod.. Gitzo to expensive for me. The benro showroom: PENINSULA SHOPPING CENTER #01-K34.

Check this thread for benro price. I'm considering the Travel Angel tripod.. Gitzo to expensive for me. The benro showroom: PENINSULA SHOPPING CENTER #01-K34.

Are the Travel Angel the ones with the legs which fold all the way up (instead of down) so that it's more compact?

I saw some comment from users when light tripod even GT550T extent to max height, it will not support camera + 70-200 weight.
My max travel set weight is S5Pro + battery grip + battery + 70-200 + filter + hood = 2.8kg (no flash for landscape), the kits ballhead support 2kg but tripod support 4.5kg. Not sure can support or not?

Err....Benro, nice in price but not sure can support 2.8kg?

Benro CF Travel Angel series sure can... but priced above $400/- ... not sure if this price is right for you though.

Err....Benro, nice in price but not sure can support 2.8kg?

GT1550T will cost around S$1,000. GT1540T should be around S$900 (both Cathay Photo pricing). There is a newer GT1541T out recently and should be replacing GT1540T. BTW, both GT1550T and GT1540/1T are out of stock in Cathay.

They are expecting a shipment shortly before the long Italian summer vacation (1 month). After this shipment, the next one will be some time in September (getting back to manufacturing + 4 weeks of sea freight).

I would think both traveler models will work fine as they are both light and can fold 180 degree backward to hide the ballhead. It is a matter of how compact and how much loading you are looking for to support your equipment that differentiate the two.

Here is a comparison on these 2 tripods (figure in red being lighter, shorter, take heavier load, etc):

.......................GT1541T..........GT1550T
weight.............0.97kg.............1.0kg
load.capacity....8.0kg...............2.0kg
fully folded.......41cm...............35.5cm
fully extended..113cm.............146cm
sections...........4 sections.........5 sections

Personally, I will sacrifice a bit of fully folded/extended length for the load capacity since there is such a big gap between 2kg (GT1550T) and 8kg (GT1541T) not to mention the price difference (5-section naturally cost more than the 4-section tripod).

I saw some comment from users when light tripod even GT550T extent to max height, it will not support camera + 70-200 weight.
My max travel set weight is S5Pro + battery grip + battery + 70-200 + filter + hood = 2.8kg (no flash for landscape), the kits ballhead support 2kg but tripod support 4.5kg. Not sure can support or not?
In that case, you should seriously consider the new GT1541T instead. It will support up to 8kg...

Hi CS Tan,

Really thanks for the great infomation. GT1541T come without ballhead. Need to add ballhead that makes more expensive.

GT1550T + G1077M leg 4.5kg head 2kg USD674
GT1541T leg 8kg USD574
GT1541T + G1178M leg 8kg head 4kg USD741

Don't know abe to sell G1077M only with good price and buy a G1178M?

Status
Not open for further replies.