Light Show in Tunnel

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolkat

Nov 30, 2004
East
This is my 1st new thread post (here in CS and oso on the web) ;p
At the same time I am trying to learn the ropes on how to upload a photo into the gallery. Have used one of the photos I took recently in Shanghai for this experiment: :sweat:

http://gallery.clubsnap.com/data/2/15505Pic018b.jpg

The photo was taken from within a rail car in the tunnel under the Huang Po river in 'Shanghai Beach' where there is a light show to entertain the passengers for that few minutes' ride.
My efforts are at best amateurish, I think, but your frank opinions welcome so that I can learn how to improve. :think:

nice special effect :thumbsup:

user111 said:
nice special effect :thumbsup:

Thx user111 for your encouraging comments. Actually the effect was unintentional. I think the 'stars effect' was caused by the many flashes of light at the start of the ride. The shot was handheld, using auto setting for everything. I think the camera auto settings according to the exif data were ISO100, F6.5 and 8 sec shutter speed, pretty long for shooting anything else with a handheld camera. :sweat:

if its 8 second that long... then u can try move your hand here and there during those 8 seconds to get more funky effects :cool:

user111 said:
if its 8 second that long... then u can try move your hand here and there during those 8 seconds to get more funky effects :cool:

Hahaha, good un. Probably have already done that (that's why got so much effects). Besides, the rail car itself definitely have moved quite a distance in those 8 secs. Luckily the tunnel was dark otherwise I could not have got away with murder.

koolkat said:
This is my 1st new thread post (here in CS and oso on the web) ;p
At the same time I am trying to learn the ropes on how to upload a photo into the gallery. Have used one of the photos I took recently in Shanghai for this experiment: :sweat:

15505Pic018b.jpg

The photo was taken from within a rail car in the tunnel under the Huang Po river in 'Shanghai Beach' where there is a light show to entertain the passengers for that few minutes' ride.
My efforts are at best amateurish, I think but your frank opinions welcome so that I can learn how to improve. :think:

Love this blue abstracts pic. Beautiful. :thumbsup:

LifeWorld said:
Love this blue abstracts pic. Beautiful. :thumbsup:

Thx LifeWorld for the inspiring words. Actually I was trying to paste the picture into the post like you did. How did you do that? Pardon me, I know that other people have asked this question before but I can't find the thread. Me :dunno: new member (still learning).

koolkat said:
Thx LifeWorld for the inspiring words. Actually I was trying to paste the picture into the post like you did. How did you do that? Pardon me, I know that other people have asked this question before but I can't find the thread. Me :dunno: new member (still learning).

replace with [img] Keep it up!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.