Light room & Photoshop CS2/3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halfmoon

Feb 26, 2005
Hougang, Singapore.
Dear Clubbers

I am really new to digital, and would like to know what are the differences between these two compared with Canon DPP...

Is it worth to get them???

Thank you.

Each application has their own forte.

There are somethings LR can do what photoshop can but u gotta step through alot of steps.

Then there's layering / masking effects that photoshop can do only. LR can't.

IMO, Photoshop cost a lot more than Lightroom. If your purpose is for processing and manage your photo, I'd suggest Lightroom and download the free GIMP (www.gimp.org).

;)

CS learning curve is steep. Make sure you have the time to learn them. Evrybody can use PSCS but not many can use it properly, me included.

LR and CS2/3 is made for each other...I using both...cannot do without them...

With LR's flexibilities with RAW files, I'm going to try it out!
LR can really shorted and simplify my PP workflow! :thumbsup: ;p

Thank to all bro and sis replies....

I do not know what is the meaning of layering.... And managing RAW images.....

I know LR is much cheaper... around some $200 + for the home or education edition, but the CS2/3 is some $1500++ right???

I have the canon DPP and so far, I am still toying around with it and I do not have enough shots to play around now.....

I guess I got to find out more of these 2 software first and compare if it is worth it...

Once again, thank you all!! ;)

How does the Photo element compare with the 2??? :think: :think:

Thank to all bro and sis replies....

I do not know what is the meaning of layering.... And managing RAW images.....

I know LR is much cheaper... around some $200 + for the home or education edition, but the CS2/3 is some $1500++ right???

I have the canon DPP and so far, I am still toying around with it and I do not have enough shots to play around now.....

I guess I got to find out more of these 2 software first and compare if it is worth it...

Once again, thank you all!! ;)

where you get your prices from?

i saw LR to be $150

CS3 IIRC is $500++

Ask yourself what you want to use the software for first and then decide which one is better for you........

Now that you've heard a number points of view.

LR and CS2/3 is made for each other...I using both...cannot do without them...

what's your workflow like?

I find that there's a lot of overlapping and still don't know the best workflow. :(

what's your workflow like?

I find that there's a lot of overlapping and still don't know the best workflow. :(

my work flow is using LR to store and keep trace of the photos...also LR is fast...then right click on the photo to select edit in CS2...the photo after editing is updated in LR also...

I am using DPP LR1.1 & PSCS3

DPP is very simple for raw editing. my suggestion is only move on to LR or PS when u are used to the functions and how photo editing works.

LR is more powerful than DPP. You can import / see all your photos in LR. do faster and more advanced raw editing then DPP. LR mainly for mass photos management.

PS is the powerful photo editor. LR to raw edit 100 photos, maybe shortlist 5 photos to fully enhance the best effect that is obtainable.

LR & PS works hand in hand.

Cool... thanks.

Now I roughly know how to sync LR and CS workflow. :)

Thank you all for your comments!!!

I really appreciate...

I will work more on DPP first, and maybe move to LR later...... ;)

Sorry to ask question again....

What does Photoshop Element have???

Is it a simply version of photoshop???

Status
Not open for further replies.