www.flickr.com
Canon EOS 30D | EF-S 17-55mm f2.8 IS USM

3486334136_dcb5e06137.jpg

3489841505_b298ff8d03.jpg

3486332494_fbe8c48e7d.jpg

Last edited:
first one is really very cool
2nd one abit messy though

Very cool... mind to share how you achieve this effect? Photoshop?

Hi Kenken17...

I set my camera on tripod, set it to 30 sec exposure with appreture of f8.. then with a laser pointer and try colour the person with that timing...

Hi Kenken17...

I set my camera on tripod, set it to 30 sec exposure with appreture of f8.. then with a laser pointer and try colour the person with that timing...

Newbie here, so I might ask silly question. I now know that you used a long shutter speed for the effect. Did you mean, in this 30 sec, you shoot the person with laser!?:bigeyes: like shooting them all around in order to capture the light? Omg.. funny :bsmilie:

Newbie here, so I might ask silly question. I now know that you used a long shutter speed for the effect. Did you mean, in this 30 sec, you shoot the person with laser!?:bigeyes: like shooting them all around in order to capture the light? Omg.. funny :bsmilie:

No fella...as the title indicated..it's LIGHT PAINTING, meaning you set up your subject in dark/dim surrounding ( so this technique cannot be done in daylight ) and then you use a LED torch or in this case a laser pointer and move up and down and around your/the subject just as you would paint/white wash a wall, usually the end result is unpredictable, however with practice, one can get amazing result.

In the 90s, there were few photographers who were using this tool/equipment called the " hose master ", a fibre optic type of concentrated white light, can be adjusted down to a pin point, and some pictures produce were really amazing.

A word of caution here, when using laser pointer, make sure to advice your friend not to open their eyes, can cause blindness.:)

Funny but true.. I have to 'color' the person within that 30 Sec because I did not bring my remote cable which I would have use 'B' mode. also, this has to be done in if possible in complete darkness... this picture was made at Mount Ophir... that' why it call Painting .drawing with light...

No fella...as the title indicated..it's LIGHT PAINTING, meaning you set up your subject in dark/dim surrounding ( so this technique cannot be done in daylight ) and then you use a LED torch or in this case a laser pointer and move up and down and around your/the subject just as you would paint/white wash a wall, usually the end result is unpredictable, however with practice, one can get amazing result.

In the 90s, there were few photographers who were using this tool/equipment called the " hose master ", a fibre optic type of concentrated white light, can be adjusted down to a pin point, and some pictures produce were really amazing.

A word of caution here, when using laser pointer, make sure to advice your friend not to open their eyes, can cause blindness.:)

Yep.. I try not to paint at the eyes... else my friend will get that blindness...

hope your works here will inspire more people try out this field of photography, sometimes can be disappointing ( b'coz a lot of EFFORT is required, and a patience subject too ! ) but occasionally can get surprising result, like the first pic you'd posted. Cheers.

hope your works here will inspire more people try out this field of photography, sometimes can be disappointing ( b'coz a lot of EFFORT is required, and a patience subject too ! ) but occasionally can get surprising result, like the first pic you'd posted. Cheers.

Actually it about knowing the trick.. here another one using a TLR and shot with 120 film and this time paint with a LED touchlight

MINOLTA AUTOCORD TLR CAMERA | CHIYOKO ROKKOR 75mm f3.5 | Sekonic L-308s Light Meter | Kodak 400VC-2
f16 / 'B' mode..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1855472398_05c2d476f6.jpg

1854695693_0adf4067a5.jpg

Last edited:

Thanks for the great info. I am digging the HOSE MASTER in Google. :)

Actually it about knowing the trick.. here another one using a TLR and shot with 120 film and this time paint with a LED touchlight

MINOLTA AUTOCORD TLR CAMERA | CHIYOKO ROKKOR 75mm f3.5 | Sekonic L-308s Light Meter | Kodak 400VC-2
f16 / 'B' mode..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1855472398_05c2d476f6.jpg

1854695693_0adf4067a5.jpg

Beautiful shots you'd got there ! That is exactly LIGHT PAINTING. Btw is that a toy bike ? Wondering how to ride it.

HI cabby SHE

that's a trial bike.. it a international sport... use it to climb rocks...

Thanks. So one never get to sit when riding one of this...must be physically fit to participate in this sport.

YEah Cabbyshe...

actually riding this bike is not that easy... not because of the standing ride but clearing of the routes..

Status
Not open for further replies.