light meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

oreobro

Aug 5, 2006
West side.
yo fellows. anyone knows of any shop that sells sekonic incident light meter? 2nd hand or sumt?

How much does the meter cost? Brand new and est. 2nd hand price....

Thanks....

oreobro said:
yo fellows. anyone knows of any shop that sells sekonic incident light meter? 2nd hand or sumt?

TCW.

TCW also sells new gray market ones which are cheaper but you don't get local warranty.

The 308 should be good enough for most needs.

You should check out the Polaris and Minolta meters too. You can get used Minolta meters quite cheap now.

Halfmoon said:
How much does the meter cost? Brand new and est. 2nd hand price....

Thanks....

Depending on the number of features/functions a meter has, they range anywhere between $250-1000.

The cheapest new Sekonic with flash and incident metering - the 308 should be about $300 or thereabouts.

The cheapest Polaris costs about $250 I believe.

Used Minolta IVs are about $250-300 - the Minoltas are very good meters.

Tetrode said:
Depending on the number of features/functions a meter has, they range anywhere between $250-1000.

The cheapest new Sekonic with flash and incident metering - the 308 should be about $300 or thereabouts.

The cheapest Polaris costs about $250 I believe.

Used Minolta IVs are about $250-300 - the Minoltas are very good meters.

Thanks bro for your information.... but usually, light meter is only used in studio right???

Halfmoon said:
... but usually, light meter is only used in studio right???

Not true. I use light meters both in and out of my studio. I even use my light meters in the darkroom.

BTW, I have a Minolta Flash Meter V and a Sekonic 508.

photobum said:
Not true. I use a light meter both in and out of my studio. I even use my light meter in the darkroom.

BTW, I have a Minolta Flash Meter V and a Sekonic 508.

Gotta love those Sekonic meters, 2 in one Spot meter and incident, plus if you use pocket wizards, no damn sync cord to trip over.

hondasleeper said:
Gotta love those Sekonic meters, 2 in one Spot meter and incident, plus if you use pocket wizards, no damn sync cord to trip over.

You are absolutely right. Both my Minolta and Sekonics are workhorses. One for portraiture and the other for still life. There is a reason why I use the Sekonic for table-top shoots.

photobum said:
You are absolutely right. Both my Minolta and Sekonics are workhorses. One for portraiture and the other for still life. There is a reason why I use the Sekonic for table-top shoots.

I have the Minolta Spot F and the Minolta V.

Can't justify getting the Sekonic just yet. I would love to have one. It's a nice to have rather than a need to have kinda thing. One thing about the Minoltas is that all the time I have had them, never had an issue with them.

hondasleeper said:
I have the Minolta Spot F and the Minolta V.

Can't justify getting the Sekonic just yet. I would love to have one. It's a nice to have rather than a need to have kinda thing. One thing about the Minoltas is that all the time I have had them, never had an issue with them.

Same here. I never had any issues with my Minolta V either. However, I do have some very minor problems with my Sekonic when I shoot portraits, due to the retractable light dome. I get inconsistent readings in the obtaining light ratios.

I think for now I'll just stick with my Minoltas.

hondasleeper said:
I think for now I'll just stick with my Minoltas.

Minolta makes excellent light meters. Too bad they don't anymore after being acquired by Sony.

photobum said:
Minolta makes excellent light meters. Too bad they don't anymore after being acquired by Sony.

Damn!!! I wanted to get a color temp meter.

hondasleeper said:
Damn!!! I wanted to get a color temp meter.

You probably can still find some old stock, or worse come to worst, buy it used.

I probably will have to do that.

hondasleeper said:
I probably will have to do that.

Good luck in finding one.

I am just curious...

What are some of the functions of the light meters???

As in what function does it have and what can it do... :think:

Beside noting the aperature, and shutter speed...

Status
Not open for further replies.