light in drybox?

maisatomai1

Dec 26, 2013
Singapore
I read that fungus grow in moist and dark place. Why dont we have a lamp in the drybox so that we can be sure fungus cannot grow? The light can be those battery operated that dont can last very long

it's the UV light of sunrays which kills fungus, when it is at sufficiently high intensity.
The question lies in whether using a UV lamp to illuminate the dry box is cost effective .

Plus the fact that prolonged exposure to UV light degrades plastics, resins, rubber.

I read that fungus grow in moist and dark place. Why dont we have a lamp in the drybox so that we can be sure fungus cannot grow? The light can be those battery operated that dont can last very long
Due to coating of the lens elements the UV light won't go far inside. And many people use UV filters (to the delight of filter sales men) and will be scared like hell to take them off.
On a side note: Get some better light for your study table, helps you to find the Grammar mistakes :)

the light, the battery, don't they cost money?
constantly changing batteries, silicon, don't they take up some of your time?

just get a dry cabinet and get over it, spend the time, money and thoughts on more productive activities, like shooting more photos.