Light Bulb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitz

Jan 18, 2002
Singapore
www.blitzstorm.com
Raining so heavily tonight....was thinking of taking some close ups b4 I go sleep :D

So found myself this red light bulb and decided to use some manual controls this time.....

P1250016.JPG

Shutter Speed: 1 sec
Aperture: F3.2
ISO: 100
Focal Length: 71mm

P1250020.JPG

Shutter Speed: 1/3 sec
Aperture: F2.3

Found it to be quite difficult as the bulb was pretty dark red in colour :(

Comments pls? Which one of the above looks nicer?

Thanks!

How about taking the bulb when it is lit? If you can connect a dimmer to it, you can photograph a glowing filament without over-exposing it.

Originally posted by ckiang
Do you have a light box? Maybe can try putting one behind the light bulb. Or get some diffused light source behind, might make it look better. :)

Regards
CK

Hi Ck,

Wat's a light box ah? Sorry nebber hear it b4.

Thanks!

Originally posted by roygoh
How about taking the bulb when it is lit? If you can connect a dimmer to it, you can photograph a glowing filament without over-exposing it.

Erm the bulb is my dad's one, he's suppose to use it for his work. I "Steal" it while he's sleeping heh heh Cos was looking for any subject to take some pics :D

Originally posted by Blitz

Hi Ck,

Wat's a light box ah? Sorry nebber hear it b4.

Thanks!

Light box is usually a rectangular box fitted with lights and a translucent white plastic panel used for viewing slides or negatives.

You can see it in most photo developing labs.

I believe ck's suggestion is to back lit the bulb to enhance the appearance of the red glass of the bulb. Am I right, ck?

Originally posted by roygoh

Light box is usually a rectangular box fitted with lights and a translucent white plastic panel used for viewing slides or negatives.

You can see it in most photo developing labs.

I believe ck's suggestion is to back lit the bulb to enhance the appearance of the red glass of the bulb. Am I right, ck?

Yup! That's what I am referring to. :)

Regards
CK

Originally posted by Blitz
Raining so heavily tonight....was thinking of taking some close ups b4 I go sleep :D

So found myself this red light bulb and decided to use some manual controls this time.....

P1250016.JPG

Shutter Speed: 1 sec
Aperture: F3.2

P1250020.JPG

Shutter Speed: 1/3 sec
Aperture: F2.3

Found it to be quite difficult as the bulb was pretty dark red in colour :(

Comments pls? Which one of the above looks nicer?

Thanks!

is that your room?
looks kindda messy.....lol
:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.