lifeform in OCH

Status
Not open for further replies.

kangwei

Jun 12, 2007
CCK, Yew Tee
hi guys,
went to Old Changi Hospital recently and snapped a few shots. think i took this on the second floor. anyway, got the photo and did some pp on it. adjusted the contrast, brightness and saturation, thats all. personally, i quite like this photo. Its actually a much bigger photo with more leaves, but because theres a flare on top so i cropped it away. just want to get some comments on the picture, whether the composition is good? whether the pp is too much or too little? or is there anything i can add into the photo to make it better? please comment!

2943509235_7b778fbcce_o.jpg

PS - ohhya. also want to ask abt something. is there such thing as too much pp?

thanks!

The pp was overdone. There's a big blank piece of white sky on the left which doesn't add to the picture. There wasn't anything to show that this was taken at Old CGH.

ohhh. okay.. so its overdone. hmmm..
thanks for the comments! (=

The leaves don't stand out against a relatively greenish backdrop. One element of PP you could have brought about is using a method of relative saturation levels - this means that your main subject is of a greater saturation level than the background or surrounding elements.

You can achieve this either by performing a slight desaturation on the background (which I prefer) or boosting the saturation of the subject (which sometimes has a tendency to become oversaturated). In order to do this, you will have to understand how to use Layers and Layer Masks in Photoshop. Do some searching up on this on CS and google.

This is a simple tutorial on the gist of it. Of course, you don't have to totally desaturate the background; sometimes a subtle desaturation works better, especially if you want to retain the colours in the frame that may add to the photo.

too much opp or not depends on your purpose, on your intended statement, and on the art ...

in this case it is not enuff ... cos the bright sky can be pp-ed to make it less glaring

I dunno, I feel that it could have been better if the focus was on the leaves itself and abit of the window frame... the PP is fine depending on what you're looking at, I feel. I agree, the sky is very distracting and the first reaction was "URGH! too glaring!"

Just my 2c worth ^^

thanks all for the comments and advices!

will work on these on my future photos!

thanks alot!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.