Life-sized Dinosaur on Orchard Road

wordofmouth

Dec 9, 2004
Date: Tues, 15 June
Time: 12.30pm - 12.45pm
Venue: Outside The Heeren, Orchard Rd

Catch the special appearance of a life-sized (2.13m tall x 5m long) Baby T-Rex strolling along Orchard Road and snap the reactions of passer-bys!

See how the Baby T-Rex looks like - http://www.japanprobe.com/2010/03/27/walking-with-dinosaurs-in-japan/#

It's all part of the publicity stunt for an upcoming theatrical show, Walking With Dinosaurs The Arena Spectacular, coming to Singapore in December.

:)

Thanks for sharing.

wow, it's not just some guy in a crappy suit. It looks amazing! Sigh, i won't be around Sin that day....

It kinda looks like it's giving birth to a human though :D

Last edited:
thanks for sharing..
It appeared for 15mins ??? Interesting..

yes, it's very realistic and what's best is that it moves its eyes and roar like the real thing! we anticipate a fun session with passer-bys at orchard road! :)

yes, 15 precious minutes cos it's really a teaser. so come early if you don't want to miss it. :)

it's during lunchtime though! hehehe....

great photo op for a quirky street shot.

:bsmilie:

"strolling along Orchard Road"
i wonder how far would they go in 15 mins tho.i hope the t rex would run around like in that jap show.that would be nice~!

where did you get the info from?

yup. would like to know more about this.

peak hr... hopefully dont scared off the crowd... hahaha...

syc77: your wish ight just come true!
agentxq49: word of mouth!
reccekoms3: it will be outside the heeren next to macdonald's....baby t-rex will be moving around. it is not like a mascot or barney the dino. It behaves and acts like the real thing!
wwjd82: yes, there's a guy controlling it...and do give it a chance! u never know, if you never go!
thorn2ee: yes, it's not a crappy suit cos it took the production team 6 years and AUD$20 million to come up with the costumes and sets!
snowman: Baby t-rex was doing a shoot and merlion park at one fullerton today and quite a few people were scared by it and screamed!

so call robotic is it? Hope is not a person inside the suit.:bsmilie:

Baby t-rex was doing a shoot and merlion park at one fullerton today and quite a few people were scared by it and screamed!

this is e kind of reaction I want! Too bad I was not there to capture shots of it.