Life-size printout

Status
Not open for further replies.

redzzz

Nov 11, 2006
I recently took some shots of all the staff in the office and proposed to my boss to do a wall mural with life-size prints of everyone but I'm facing problems enlarging the photos. After enlarging using photoshop 'image resize', the photos is not sharp and the edges are very soft...

I'm using a canon 40D and all the photos were taken in raw format. Can some kind soul advice how i shld go about enlarging the photos???

Last edited:
Shouldn't you decide your canvas size and then select what DPI you guys are gonna print based on your 10mp resolution?

I recently took some shots of all the staff in the office and proposed to my boss to do a wall mural with life-size prints of everyone but I'm facing problems enlarging the photos. After enlarging using photoshop 'image resize', the photos is not sharp and the edges are very soft...

I'm using a canon 40D and all the photos were taken in raw format. Can some kind soul advice how i shld go about enlarging the photos???

There's no need to enlarge the image. Just give the processed file to the printer. Tell them the size you want. They'll do the rest.

But don't expect life size prints to be sharp. The pixels will be the size of golf balls.

Since you're also using a 10MP camera, let me share with you some tips.

For such large images, shoot in RAW and don't shoot in JPEG/JPG.
The resolution is not enough for big prints.

when you make a mural print, you don't expect it to be very sharp just like what you look at a 8R photos, especially you are only using a 10MP camera, as long it looks sharp from 3-4 meter away is good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.