Life is great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

StreetShooter

Jan 17, 2002
Katong
streetshooter.clubsnap.org
IMG_2003.JPG

Well captured expression and nice angle. Can do with a bigger aperture to blur the background more though.

Can try submitting this to the Great Eastern contest. :D

Regards
CK

P.S. Maybe can try panning, the effect might be nice. :)

Yes, agreed. Would have been nice to have the background a bit more blurred.

However, I deliberately selected a smaller aperture. The subject was moving very fast, and I wanted to make sure the depth of field was deep enough to keep her (and her whole body) in focus. Besides, I was using the 20mm, so the bokeh would not have been very nice anyway.

Originally posted by StreetShooter
Yes, agreed. Would have been nice to have the background a bit more blurred.

However, I used Program mode rather than my usual Av mode because I wanted a smaller aperture. The subject was moving very fast, and I wanted to make sure the depth of field was deep enough to keep her (and her whole body) in focus. Besides, I was using the 20mm, so the bokeh would not have been very nice anyway.

Your next option: panning. :)

Regards
CK

Originally posted by StreetShooter

Man, I am glad you don't deprive us of the joy of seeing colors this time!

:gbounce:

I thought the 9-blade design of the Sigma 20mm can give you a very good 'bokeh'. No?

streetshooter. u can submit this picture to great easten life!
unless ur planning to take more shots :) this picture wld be nice if u can do a tight corp on the girl.
is that ur daughter? she's pretty! u must be good looking :) heh

Originally posted by rty

Man, I am glad you don't deprive us of the joy of seeing colors this time!

:gbounce:

I thought the 9-blade design of the Sigma 20mm can give you a very good 'bokeh'. No?

it does give good bokeh. But, hey, 20mm...how shallow DOF can u get with a 20mm?

Status
Not open for further replies.