......life is continuous learning process

d2xpeter

Deregistered
Dec 6, 2012
singapore
Had my first ever mcycle riding experience in my life this morning at BBDC.
I must say it is a tiring (considering my age) but at the same time a very exciting experience.
Even just at first gear turning on a small circuit, I could feel the sense of freedom.
Quite a different experience from driving.

While I have not tried mcycle, I can only imagine the experience is due to the higher risk that pumps more adrenalin?
Wonder would you feel the same when you start speeding way above the speed limit or going round a corner at high speed?

Had my first ever mcycle riding experience in my life this morning at BBDC.
I must say it is a tiring (considering my age) but at the same time a very exciting experience.
Even just at first gear turning on a small circuit, I could feel the sense of freedom.
Are you still at first gear now?

While I have not tried mcycle, I can only imagine the experience is due to the higher risk that pumps more adrenalin?
Wonder would you feel the same when you start speeding way above the speed limit or going round a corner at high speed?

It is definitely higher risk than driving.
But my experience is more like there is nothing between you and the surrounding as you move along, giving you a sense of freedom, as compared to driving in car where there is another layer between you and the surrounding. I never fly a hand glider before, but I guess it is the same feeling as compared to flying inside a plane.
You will know what I mean when you try it. Not so much due to high risk adrenaline.

You will know what I mean when you try it. Not so much due to high risk adrenaline.

I can only imagine. Its like when I was younger, I was running around and jumping into crazy places not knowing where/how I will land as long as you don't get caught in the catching/police and thief games. Many a times I fell and end up with scars till today :cry: but yet, the feeling was exhilarating when you just leap and jump over that deep and wide drain / river onto the banks on the other side.

And first time touching a mbike.

Soon you will be caressing and molesting it :bsmilie:

madmartian asking you are so still on first "gear". dude, if you are, probably the bike already up the lorry.
Pardon my english.
I am the one who always got mixed up with the 2 words "irreverence" and "irrelevant", remember?

Please take care uncle. Riding motorbikes is fairly dangerous. 肉包铁 as compared to driving cars where 铁包肉!!!

Please take care uncle. Riding motorbikes is fairly dangerous. 肉包铁 as compared to driving cars where 铁包肉!!!

Ya, true. I am still pondering whether to take the test, which will be conducted on the actual road. I know how dangerous our roads are, driving on it everyday. Maybe just learn how to operate/control and forget about the licence.

Had my first ever mcycle riding experience in my life this morning at BBDC. I must say it is a tiring (considering my age) but at the same time a very exciting experience. Even just at first gear turning on a small circuit, I could feel the sense of freedom. Quite a different experience from driving.

Absolutely!

Just started mine in Nov last year, now at the 4th stage and yes, bit old to be doing this too.

I had a great time riding around Phuket last year.

Absolutely!

Just started mine in Nov last year, now at the 4th stage and yes, bit old to be doing this too.

I had a great time riding around Phuket last year.

Ya, that is exactly my intention too. Learn how to ride then go sightseeing on a bike. Too dangerous to ride in Singapore, IMO.

madmartian asking you are so still on first "gear". dude, if you are, probably the bike already up the lorry.

Pardon my english.
I am the one who always got mixed up with the 2 words "irreverence" and "irrelevant", remember?
LOL........that's why you are still in first gear :bsmilie:

LOL, ya the gearing is damn confusing. Always miss the neutral too. LOL
gearing is not hard. It's down, up, up, up. When at neutral speedo have green light unless your bike is from the games arcade.....:bigeyes:....:bsmilie:

Ya, that is exactly my intention too. Learn how to ride then go sightseeing on a bike. Too dangerous to ride in Singapore, IMO.

When my colleagues ask why? I tell them it opens up options. I will hv another 2000 ways to get killed. Lol

Seriously, riding is bad news around here. Drivers way way too unnecessarily aggressive. Been driving for over 40 years, can't say seen everything there is but certainly enough to conclude.

I've always like those maxi-scoots, eyeing the Sym Joyride 200, not sure will ever really ride on our roads.

Good luck and have fun.

When my colleagues ask why? I tell them it opens up options. I will hv another 2000 ways to get killed. Lol

Seriously, riding is bad news around here. Drivers way way too unnecessarily aggressive. Been driving for over 40 years, can't say seen everything there is but certainly enough to conclude.

I've always like those maxi-scoots, eyeing the Sym Joyride 200, not sure will ever really ride on our roads.

Good luck and have fun.

Same here.
In fact, it is the BMW C600 that triggered my impulsive move. LOL. But hv to start 2B first. Like the Joyride 200 too.
Most importantly, no confusion of gears with this type. LOL. Else it will end up in Loo. LOL

Last edited: