life in mono

Status
Not open for further replies.

littlejt

Aug 12, 2006
i will be using this space to display monotone pictures of a theme.

please comment on whatever you want. but do not flame me.

Pics can be seen on my flickr

cheers

Theme 1

Water and Greens - the giver of life

1105387077_ab0769137b_m.jpg
1082707875_09d0db1217_m.jpg
442999965_c387a3bd05_m.jpg
403177555_ed9bcd255c_m.jpg

Nice, I like the colour tones :)

From what i see in TS's Flickr Collection, he is using RAYNOX Super Macro Lens DCR-250. If i am not wrong, cost $110 i think. :)

wow that is a good bargain for good shots. but the converter works for all the lenses right? as in if his is nikon, all nikon lens works on it?

wow that is a good bargain for good shots. but the converter works for all the lenses right? as in if his is nikon, all nikon lens works on it?

Err i just receive a PM from the seller jim mcgill in this forum today. This is the link he gave me.

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/RAYNOX-Super...ryZ43445QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Maybe you wanna check it out. I am not his die hard customer hor. Dun think i am advertising or what hor!;p
But seriously, am considering of getting one after i saw TS's Flickr album.

Err i just receive a PM from the seller jim mcgill in this forum today. This is the link he gave me.

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/RAYNOX-Super...ryZ43445QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Maybe you wanna check it out. I am not his die hard customer hor. Dun think i am advertising or what hor!;p
But seriously, am considering of getting one after i saw TS's Flickr album.

now u're getting me tempted! haha

hi, thanks for the comments =) sorry for the late reply to you questions about the dcr250 have been busy studying.

you can get this convertor from jim mcgil. friendly guy.

yea this macro converter is very versatile. it has a clip on device that is able to clip on to lenses/adapter from 32mm to 67mm.
but for the nikon kit lens, you'll experience vignetting because of the 67mm dia.

for quality wise, i dont really know how to comment on that because of the extremely small range of lenses that i have. so i cant really comment on that because i think it varies with the different glass you use.

but for ease of use, i give a 10/10 because its just a simple clip on device that can be used on any lens. its something useful that i bring around to use for macros as i dont have a specialized macro lens. but i bet this would be a even great tool on a macro lens

hope this answers all your questions

cheers!

hi, thanks for the comments =) sorry for the late reply to you questions about the dcr250 have been busy studying.

yea this macro converter is very versatile. it has a clip on device that is able to clip on to lenses/adapter from 32mm to 67mm.
but for the nikon kit lens, you'll experience vignetting because of the 67mm dia.

for quality wise, i dont really know how to comment on that because of the extremely small range of lenses that i have. so i cant really comment on that because i think it varies with the different glass you use.

but for ease of use, i give a 10/10 because its just a simple clip on device that can be used on any lens. its something useful that i bring around to use for macros as i dont have a specialized macro lens. but i bet this would be a even great tool on a macro lens

cheers!

Thanks, well i think its a worthy investment for me then since I have got no more macro capability..temptation has taken over..haha

hehe, should be getting mine too when i return to Singapore. Hey littlejt, nice work in your flickr~

Hi littlejt. I am a D80 user too....so very interested with this converter. At what range of the 18-135 kit lens get the vignette? Or thru the entire range? Then you crop your pic from the vignette? Thanks.:)

cheers!

erm for the kit lens with the converter, its almost the entire range. only at the 135mm will have slightly less. it would be great with a 50mm + macro filter + dcr250. simply lovely bokeh + magnification.

erm for the kit lens with the converter, its almost the entire range. only at the 135mm will have slightly less. it would be great with a 50mm + macro filter + dcr250. simply lovely bokeh + magnification.

How about just the 50mm with dcr250? Will the macro effect be good as well? Tot of getting dcr250 after i view your lovely shots. Also, how much will the macro filter cost?

Thanks for the tips...with the 50mm f1.8, hows the distortion? I have a macro converter that I can attached onto the 50f1.8 and the D40 kit lens....the distortion is quite bad and the focus is only at the center (like having the "center" focus filter) and the DOF is super shallow....

Great shots there.... Love the composition.. picture perfect for those cards or inspirational posters..

I just added you on my flickr.. ;)

yep added you too =)

Thanks for the tips...with the 50mm f1.8, hows the distortion? I have a macro converter that I can attached onto the 50f1.8 and the D40 kit lens....the distortion is quite bad and the focus is only at the center (like having the "center" focus filter) and the DOF is super shallow....

erm yea thats quite true. tried it with the 50mm Ais 1.4. really shallow. but the good thing bout the fix is that you can fix where the center of the convertor is to be for a 52mm dia lens. cos of the spring mechanism there..

How about just the 50mm with dcr250? Will the macro effect be good as well? Tot of getting dcr250 after i view your lovely shots. Also, how much will the macro filter cost?

erm i think i bought it at abt 115 - 130 or smt i forgot alr. but i had a student discount

love the mood u have given to the photo.. well done..
Added u in flickr... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.