Life from a different world

1megapixel

Oct 29, 2007
East
Hello to all,
my first time posting a photo in CS since i've signed up an account for so long haha.!

3621512513_3a4a4b2670.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?

Everything.

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?

Show that simple life can also be a happy life, as compared to our Singapore or Cosmo lifestyle..

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)

I was in a train from New Delhi India, and i took a snap of the incoming train from the opposite direction. quite a sunny morning.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
I feel that there maybe something missing. but i really don't know what is it.. it maybe a little overexposed.. hmm. :dunno:

Camera: Nikon D300
Exposure: 0.001 sec (1/1600)
Aperture: f/1.4
Focal Length: 50 mm
ISO Speed: 800
Exposure Bias: +1 EV
Flash: No Flash

All your critiques are of most welcome and greatly appreciated!

Nice shot on its own, beautiful subject! I'm curious if this was cropped. If it is, how is it like in the original? I'm hoping maybe showing the full would emphasize her smallness as well.

Like the BWs in your flickr as well :)

i like what you're going at. i personally feel it's a little bit too overexposed. i def know what you're getting at with the contrasts of the b/w but the bar is merging into the girl's nose... that's a little awkward.

Just curious, are you shooting behind a glass window?

noodlehaus: haha nope! this photo isnt cropped. the train came suddenly and i was usin my 50mm which is quite "zoomed in" and i didnt have time to change the lens! haha! thanks fer viewin my flickr! ;)

Kidviolente: yea man haha, bo bian oso cuz the opposite train is that of budget carriages which only have grilled windows and quite many of em are staring out of the window like they are imprisoned.. only she was half smilin. ;) thanks fer comin in! and yea i think i did boost the exp level a lil too high.~

The_Cheat: Yup! i was behind a glass window in an air-conditioned carriage =) didnt had the time to pull over my jacket to cover the reflections. and it was sort of a "panning shot" which i panned from the front to all the way diagonally back which i almost sprained my neck LOL ;) thanks fer viewin!

Hey it's quite a good shot! My dreamed shot man~ never get this kinda picture before..:(

Anws, for me this foto slightly overexposed... her face seems to be a bit over-blown i guess..
I think of smth different though.. maybe u can try cropping to abit closer.. personal preference. ;)

Watever the case is, its a good work.

Cheers!!

hi nice framing and timing the natural smile, im interested on how you got the flickr badge/logo under your signature, mind sharing them? thanks bro? BTW any pp done?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/echomambo/

Photofreak123: Hey thanks man! i'll try cropping the photo for a stronger impact! ;)

goldrush20: Hey hello. hmm just add it as a link when you are at your control panel. then add anycolors u want. just remember to highlight it first. =) cheers!

edit: oh yea i did pp, i converted it to b&w and moved abit of the exposure levels..

Last edited:
The reflection is killing the shot. The whitish patch near the girl diminish the impact of the subject per se, as the patch look like another window on first glance, and just unnaturally growing out from the side of the girl's head.

Anyway, rules of third is just a guideline and not exactly something cast in stone. Personally felt that cropping the top of the frame (removing the first bar, as well as the hand in the background) would give a much stronger stronger than it is at the moment.

yea haha! i'll try it out cropping out the distractions and clone away the reflections =D!
thx for your critiques!

4560673442_6d5ded6704.jpg

hello all!
i've cropped the photo!
please see if its ok!

regards
fr.

Last edited: