Life as a worker

terencec

Aug 16, 2011
1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Composition, emotional impact, exposure

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
give a glimpse into life of workers

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
morning walk near Marina South Pier.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
The sight of worker wrapped in plastic sheet as blanket is rather unique and telling of the life as a worker. I think the picture is a little empty from centre to top though

1001950_10152132039818906_2052852879_n.jpg

NOTE: Having trouble inserting images into threads/posts? Please read the updated instructions here.

Last edited:
if it weren't for the descriptions, I wouldn't have known what you have photographed. With the descriptions, this photo looks more like a crime scene photo. No emotions stirred. Just freaked out a little.

Hi TS...

Great idea to shoot this scene..

However, your interpretation thru your photo doesn't bring out what you intended to show at all.. Just like what Kit said, I feel it just looks like a rubbish bag. (No offense intended) Only upon closer inspection, can the legs be seen.

Additionally, I think the framing can be done a little better. For example, it might have been better to crop out whatever that can be seen beyond the fence/boundary at the end of the scene.
You might also wanna explore a diff angle. Straight from top view? If you are brave enuf! Haha.. And yeah, if it is practical.

Oh and, could the dof be thinner? So as to keep the trees separate from the subject?

But kudos for the idea. Keep shooting!

Cheers!

Hi bros,

definitely no offense!

I am grateful you guys took time to comment. I am a newbie and learning to improve.

Thanks for the pointers. I agree and will improve on it.

Exactly the same thought with Kit, at first glance I thought that this is just a plastic bag.. after reading your caption and I find slightly skin tone inside the plastic which form a human being in it, and another thing that prevent me enjoying this image is maybe another plastic bag at background, it steal the show away