Li Jia Wei is in to the semis!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newman

Mar 2, 2003
TBC
What a great performance by Li Jiawei! She brings the best medal hope now! :cheergal: :vhappy: :cheergal: :vhappy:

yah!...well done by Li Jiawei. Seriously played very well to beat Wang NAn

Just watched it too. Excellent performance. Imported talented but am happy for all Singaporeans.

Imported ... its ok ... practically every major team from the europe, usa, nz has at least one asian face ... but Li jw was headhunted to singapore when she was in equiv secondary school and really grew up/ receive her major training here. But of course, cannot discount formative years in china. Still, a good match. Well done spore; Hope we get a medal out of this!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: hope she can bring back 1 medal any col win do. :D

Great news. This is refreshing after the disappointing performance by most of our other athletes especially the swimmers.
Got to commend Zhang Xueling too who fought hard at the quarterfinals. Our table tennis players show more mental strength and fighting spirit.

Yea great news. If she wins another game or 2, it'll be 0.5mil to 1 mil of taxpayer's money down the pipe for a stupid medal. Could have gone to some desperate old folks needing the next major surgery or another homeless kid needing another home or an education.
Please win, please.

his response is always sarcastic... read the susilo post, you know what i mean.

I feel that for those who work so hard to play at international level, they should be rewarded.

for those whose just criticize, you should also donate the salary to charity instead of supporting people who just criticize.

Noticed that the newspapers and media is downplaying her getting into the semis. Maybe they're afraid of stressing her out and causing her to underperform.... :think:

Anyway, good luck for all the sportsmen/women still in the running!

I haven't seen the other semifinalists play but Kim Hyang Mi of Korea will really put up a good fight for her if they do meet. Kim is incredible. Plays like the fake match in Forrest Gump! :bsmilie:

ordinaryless said:
He is not being sacarstic for no reason. He's just living up to his name.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Your parents did a great job in coming out with ya name :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Leave my parents out,MF.

oh..... what does MF imply?? :nono: :nono:

watch your words!

Status
Not open for further replies.