LFC - You'll Never Walk Alone

Status
Not open for further replies.

fox

May 2, 2003
Pasir Ris
Visit site
Anything and everything about the best soccer team in the world. LIVERPOOL!!!

As for the lack of penetration in midfield, hopefully the arrival of Xabi Alonso would change that.

IMHO, think that we need a back-up for Baros. Not delivering leh. If the rumors of Mista coming to Mersyside is true, then we may have free-scoring REDS. Think Cisse and Mista can complement each other.

Newcomer - Nunaz or Finnan to play for right midfield

Alonso or Hamann to play along side Gerrard.

Cisse, Mista, Baros to rotate...with Signama as back up.....

Liverpool should have a good squad by then.

Btw...I feel that the first 11 should play more often.....it is obvious that the team do not have enough communication upfront.

And I prefer to start Chris rather than Dudek.

Wat do u say ?

Hopefully, Liverpool starts winning League matches

unfortunately..we have not done that yet so far in this season....but a draw is fair a result on Last saturday.

let us hope the new signings (included those are in negotiations) will be all settled before next match : Liverpool vs. Manchester City 21/8/04.

By then we would see the most likely first 11 ....for the line up.... Believed Nunaz would start ahead of Finnan....he did not play too bad...but nothing superior.

wong_se said:
Newcomer - Nunaz or Finnan to play for right midfield

Alonso or Hamann to play along side Gerrard.

Cisse, Mista, Baros to rotate...with Signama as back up.....

Liverpool should have a good squad by then.

Btw...I feel that the first 11 should play more often.....it is obvious that the team do not have enough communication upfront.

And I prefer to start Chris rather than Dudek.

Wat do u say ?

Yeah, I guess this would be the best formation. And I prefer Chris to Dudek as well.

Owen's signing to Real - Win, Loose, or Draw?

Think that he has just signed his career good bye!! Unless he's trying to improve on his "goals per minute played" stat!!

Think that Steven Gerrard will have his hands full trying to sync the team, esp the new look midfield!

LIVERPOOL! My family favourites! Well it's sad that owen are going to REAL, real are really crazy, gotta so many superior players, GO LIVERPOOL GO!

flyingpig ?? fei G ?? what an interesting name..hahaha...

anyway....according to last season statistic (i believe statistics won't lie and give an overall picture),

Team with most shot on target : Liverpool
Team with most shot off target : Liverpool
Team with most corner won : Liverpool

If Liverpool was playing defensively...how did we have such a statistics ???

We must have attacked like hell to achieve that...but why were not we the Champion ??

I interpret this way : The midfield, especially, from the driving force Gerrard..., and the striker had launched a serious of attack...but the striker was not good enough to capitalize the chances.

Who was our striker ?? heskey and owen. both gone liao....and we have the fresh blood now.

Owen's signing to Real - Win, Loose, or Draw?

I guess I have given my answer to your question.

wong_se said:

You sound like Gerard Houllier :D

sigh, to bad about owen. signing xabi alonso would be great but IMHO still need a right winger and maybe another centre back. a new forward would be nice, tevez or saviola? :p
hope can unleash some young talents this season. been a while since we had some new promising players from the ranks. mellor? partridge? anybody?

still, things look up since last season. Let's hope this season is THE season!

Okay, so now instead of having a team of unknown Frenchmen, we now have a team of more expensive unkown Spaniards.

Minus Owen and Murphy.

I'm just wondering why all the optimism. I'm hopeful yes, but not so optimistic as to say that with Nunez, Alonso and Mista, that we would "have a good squad by then". We might, but that will only come after a good few performances on the pitch.

I'm just wondering why all the optimism. I'm hopeful yes, but not so optimistic as to say that with Nunez, Alonso and Mista, that we would "have a good squad by then".

Hi Jed, dun get me wrong. having Nunez, Alonso and Mista to join the club is better than the current squad. Just Cisse and Baros are not enough for the striker dept...and we are now down to use Finnan to play for right midfield..(Diouf is on loan) with Nunez, there is another alterntaive to rotate. I dun see Diao will play much...as Murphy gone and Cheyrou on loan...we have only Hamman and Gerrard to play in the center mid..Won;t Alonso a good buy ?? He is a bit like gerrard...Started as defensive midfielder and add on the attacking ability like Gerrard. Imagine 2 Gerrard ..whom can both tackle and attack...scarry !!

I would rather be optimisim rather than pessimism...What is the point to have a new manager... new asst manager...new coach...new players...but being pessimism. It is a bit like Owen... who did not think the current squad can win trophy and thus he left.

Okay, so now instead of having a team of unknown Frenchmen, we now have a team of more expensive unkown Spaniards.

It is the trend I would say...Arsenal has couple of French players...Chelsea started to have Portugese Players...Houllier introduced players to LFC from French league.

You sound like Gerard Houllier

It is the "official statistic", gerrard quoted them and I read it from the web page. IF I sound like Gerrard Houllier, might as well u say that the Football Association of England also sound like Gerrard Houllier since the association is the one who published the numbers.

wong_se said:
Hi Jed, dun get me wrong. having Nunez, Alonso and Mista to join the club is better than the current squad. Just Cisse and Baros are not enough for the striker dept...and we are now down to use Finnan to play for right midfield..(Diouf is on loan) with Nunez, there is another alterntaive to rotate. I dun see Diao will play much...as Murphy gone and Cheyrou on loan...we have only Hamman and Gerrard to play in the center mid..Won;t Alonso a good buy ?? He is a bit like gerrard...Started as defensive midfielder and add on the attacking ability like Gerrard. Imagine 2 Gerrard ..whom can both tackle and attack...scarry !!

I would rather be optimisim rather than pessimism...What is the point to have a new manager... new asst manager...new coach...new players...but being pessimism. It is a bit like Owen... who did not think the current squad can win trophy and thus he left.

The point I'm making is, six months ago,

Situation: French manager, unknown French signings, Michael Owen, Danny Murphy.

Reaction: Oh no we're doomed, we need a new manager.

Today,

Situation: Spanish manager, one unknown Spanish signing (more to follow), one French signing signed by the much maligned former French manager with the nightmare signing track record, Owen's gone, Murphy's gone, French squad players out on loan.

Reaction: We've got a good squad.

I just don't think it's too early to start thinking we'll have a good squad. Heck on paper we're far worse off today than we were 6 months ago.

Hopefully, the unknowns turned good and gel into a great team :) It's a risk I guess.... assembling a squad of star players won't guarantee success too (e.g. Real Madrid).

well, i think we will just need to wait and see after a few more games.

now is still too early to say how things will go.

it's sad to see the core "English players" go (Murphy, Owen and Heskey). :cry:

Do we want Liverpool to be a traditional English squad (e.g Charlton)
or
a Cosmopolitan squad with players all over the europe/world? (Arsenal/Chelski) :dunno:

I am not sure myself. :dunno:

Some people will not care as long as we win. :dunno:

I am in a dilemma.

I support Liverpool because of its tradition and the way it used to play.

But I think now football has changed alot, it's no longer like the way it used to be. Like Liverpool back in the 70s and 80s, where almost every player is a British.

Although Benitez is bringing in some spanish players, but I think he is also trying to groom some of the youngsters (mellor, warnock, potter etc.) by giving them chance in the first team.

So I think it's still too early to judge Benitez.

Once a liverpool fan, always a liverpool fan.

Alonso confirmed and had agreed terms with Liverpool.

Let see whether Alonso is a worth buy rather than the 10m Flop Diouf.

Yes...u are right...the new Liverpool squad had not proven to be a better team. Anyway...let hope the best....

btw..i have placed my money on Liverpool...to be Champion this season. William Hill odds at 14/1 before the seasons started...my soccer kaki, whom is a MU fans, offered me 16/1. I believe it is way under-estimate.

really wonder why such a who-ha with chelsea, odds at 2/1??? .. a new manager...a new team with more than 8 players in...and 6 player out.

Do we want Liverpool to be a traditional English squad (e.g Charlton)
or a Cosmopolitan squad with players all over the europe/world? (Arsenal/Chelski)

I am not sure myself.

Some people will not care as long as we win.

I am in a dilemma.

I support Liverpool because of its tradition and the way it used to play.

But I think now football has changed alot, it's no longer like the way it used to be. Like Liverpool back in the 70s and 80s, where almost every player is a British.

My personal view : The traditional Liverpool should play a flow of attacking footballl. And the team stay in very united...that show the team spirit, fair play,anti racism and the fans would create an atmosphere in Anfield that scared off any visitor team..and of course..being humble (had u ever heard any football fans that hate Liverpool as a team or labelled them being irrogant??) although we dominated 70s and 80s.

I assume u are same age as me or even younger....and we then look at 80s rather than 70s.

Striker : Ian Rush (Welsh) , Peter Beardsley (English)
Midfielder : Dalglish (Scottish), Barnes (English), Jan Molby (Danish)
Defender : Steve Nicol (Scottish), Mark Lawrenson (Irish), Steve McMahon (English)
Keeper : Bruce Grobbelaar (South African born Irish)

out of 11, 3 english player.

and we have now gerrard...carranger....and Kirsland...about the similiar %.

Btw....I dun see there is a necessary or a culture to have more english based for a englsish club in english premium league. The club also need to be "globalised" nowadays.

Look at MU, Arsenal, Chelsea....the gap between these 3 clubs to livepool are getting wider and wider...We need to catch up..and now we have even a Spanish Manager.

I would rather prefer a mixture of players from the world as Liverpool to lift the EPL trophy for the first time rather than having Owen, Fowler, Heskey, Gerrard, Murphy, Carranger, kirsland to dominate the Liverpool squad but are battling for CL quaqlifier...

Of course each has their own view and I respect that...

however, based on the recent signings and tranafer...it is obvious that the LFC management is moving to the direction of preferring good players (regardless of their natioanlity) in order to enhance the squad rather than keeping english player. I dun assume any of us to have more knowledge/exsperience nor more control than Steve Morgan in handling LFC direction and management.

Status
Not open for further replies.