Lexus/Riva Sb-3000AFp mini review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha hope not... Maybe it was the hard usage of flash over the last 2 days as I was helping to cover a camp so the indoor parts required extensive use of the flash. Sigh, wasted the $90 man

Have to announce that my SB3000 is dead.

Can power on, red 'ready' light comes on faster than usual, lightning symbol appears in viewfinder, but the flash does not fire when shutter is pressed nor when the test button is pressed. Charging sound has not changed, it just stopped firing without any warning.

Before this the flash sometimes would not go 'ready' and I had to repeatedly switch off and on again before it will register as 'ready', so maybe that was a warning sign already.

I rmb when I bought the guy said 'Export set no warranty', so I guess I will have to treat it as a write-off?

Wow, that was fast. Ya write off warranty. How many estimated shots u did total with ur SB3000? Mines at abt 150 shots. I thought I was going to be the 1st to kill a SB-3000 (like with the AF-540FGZ), looks like u out done me^^;

Well, over the last 2 days alone I think I went through about 600 shots with flash, mostly off a bounce card. Another 400 shots from other shoots etc.

So I guess if you put it that way it's no wonder that the flash died:bsmilie:

No way to safely & cost-effectively troubleshoot and repair? I suspect I may have fried the capacitors.

Well, over the last 2 days alone I think I went through about 600 shots with flash, mostly off a bounce card. Another 400 shots from other shoots etc.

So I guess if you put it that way it's no wonder that the flash died:bsmilie:

No way to safely & cost-effectively troubleshoot and repair? I suspect I may have fried the capacitors.

Ya I think it's capcitor or could be the board like my 540. Try asking those camera repair shops.

Hello!

Is the riva flash compatible with nikon d60?

u can call them up and ask if they have any nikon mounts left? nikon edition does exist.. my friend wif D80 got it...

Status
Not open for further replies.