Lexar WA on CP5700

Status
Not open for further replies.

naz

May 25, 2004
Hi all

Am thinking of purchasing a 1GB CF for my 5700.
Heard the Lexar has WA 23% faster write technology, does anyone know if the 5700 supports it? Am deciding between Lexar 40x WA ($399) and Transcend 45x ($420)

Nope, sorry to burst your bubble, but the read/write speed of digital cameras do not make full use of such high speed professional cards.

Have tested the 1GB Lexar WA 40X on a CP5700 and no significant difference from my older Transcend 25X 256MB.

The WA only kicks into action if being used on the Nikon DSLR bodies.

That's right. WA tech is not utilised on the CP5700. Try using Sandisk Ultra II CF cards. They worked well on my CP5700. but I've sold it since and now own a D70.

Cheers. :cheers:

5700 no WA technology, there is some difference between the Lexar 40X and normal Lexar card, but the difference is only less than 10% ;p
why i am so sure? because the word is come from the Lexar salesman in the IT Show 2004 in this march.

so for 5700, just buy normal Sandisk card. because normal Lexar card will be discontiuned soon. the lifetime warranty from Lexar means production line life time. once the item discontinued, then its warranty ends. so buy sandisk normal card, now is very cheap le ;)

espn said:
Nope, sorry to burst your bubble, but the read/write speed of digital cameras do not make full use of such high speed professional cards.

Have tested the 1GB Lexar WA 40X on a CP5700 and no significant difference from my older Transcend 25X 256MB.

The WA only kicks into action if being used on the Nikon DSLR bodies.

damn :cry:

So will a 'normal' 25-30x card for the CP5700 will have the same performance? Should i just save some $$ and get one of those then.. or will a sandisk ultra II actually have better performance? I'm confused.

wudabao said:
5700 no WA technology, there is some difference between the Lexar 40X and normal Lexar card, but the difference is only less than 10% ;p
why i am so sure? because the word is come from the Lexar salesman in the IT Show 2004 in this march.
I presume you meant reseller? The normal Lexar cards are rated at about 12x. And they don't come with the IR software like the professional series (40x/80x).

naz said:
damn :cry:

So will a 'normal' 25-30x card for the CP5700 will have the same performance? Should i just save some $$ and get one of those then.. or will a sandisk ultra II actually have better performance? I'm confused.
The speed makes a slight difference, but anything higher up and you'll not notice it anymore. The Sandisk Ultra II is slightly faster than the Lexar by a bit, which still results in the same read/write speed on the CP5700.

The read/write speed is limited by the camera, not the CF card, just FYI. A normal card would do, like a 25x Transcend or so, but if you're choosing between the Lexar 40x and Sandisk Ultra II, based on the price, I'll select the cheaper.

espn said:
I presume you meant reseller? The normal Lexar cards are rated at about 12x. And they don't come with the IR software like the professional series (40x/80x).

The speed makes a slight difference, but anything higher up and you'll not notice it anymore. The Sandisk Ultra II is slightly faster than the Lexar by a bit, which still results in the same read/write speed on the CP5700.

The read/write speed is limited by the camera, not the CF card, just FYI. A normal card would do, like a 25x Transcend or so, but if you're choosing between the Lexar 40x and Sandisk Ultra II, based on the price, I'll select the cheaper.

Thanks for all the advice. Think I'll go for the Lexar coz it's cheaper than the Sandisk, has that card reader, and will future proof me a bit if I upgrade cameras.

naz said:
Thanks for all the advice. Think I'll go for the Lexar coz it's cheaper than the Sandisk, has that card reader, and will future proof me a bit if I upgrade cameras.
Upgrade? Did you mention upgrade?

BUY BUY BUY!!!! :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.