Lexar CF cards' reliability

nightwolf75

Staff member
Dec 18, 2003
really MORE diaper changes
if my memory served me well, i remembered a number of years ago there were serious manufacturing issues with Lexar memory cards. i used to use Lexar before that and switched over to Sandisk since then.

i saw a couple of good deals online about Lexar's 64GB CF cards recently. are there current users of Lexar memory cards? how are they now? :embrass:

I'm using a 16gb 400x card. Don't really shoot fast. Used it on d800. So far so good.

Hi Nightwolf, care to share what was the issues with Lexar?
I'm recently using Lexar CF 800x as they had good offer during IT show and also because sandisk is twice the price!

me neither. never really want to kill my camera by machine-gunning thru a shoot... haha... :bsmilie:

thanks for the info! :)

:D and amazon has some nice deals on lexar off and on.

Lexar's user reviews on reliability isn't very favourable all along... check Amazon's user reviews.

Hi Nightwolf, care to share what was the issues with Lexar?
I'm recently using Lexar CF 800x as they had good offer during IT show and also because sandisk is twice the price!

i dun use lexar now. but if you do a search about lexar (i think) about 5-6 yrs ago, there was a particular batch that had wholesale data corruption problems here in CS. since then i have never used lexar.

but like Berkins said, there are some good deals for lexar now, especially the twin-pack offers for 64GB CF cards. i am thinking of buying them. just dunno the overall reliability... 64GB crashing is not funny....:sweatsm:

From how I see it, regardless of brand, there will be some batches of cards that are faulty.

Sometime ago, I was looking around for some CF cards, but after much reading and reviews from different websites, I can say that both Lexar and SanDisk have mixed reviews (both good and bad lar. 50/50).

Sometimes Amazon also have discounts for SanDisk...just not as often.

In short: heng sway lar.. If your luck is bad recently, any brand you get also have problem one lar :bsmilie:

Yes. I recall the issues that plagued Lexar back then.

Nonetheless, I have been using a Lexar Professional 32GB SD Card with no issues thus far...