LEXAR 256MB SD card- Hi Speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tchuanye

Staff member
Mar 4, 2003
Visit site
Hope someone can advise.

I got the Lexar 256MB SD from the COMEX. The product number is SD256-231. On the packaging, I also notice some Japanese words ending with a 10MB/s, and it was advertised by the promoters as a hi-speed card. The SD card is a plain SD card with no "High Speed" wording or anything, just the 256MB wording.

However, out of curiosity, I checked the website: http://www.digitalfilm.com/digfilm/sd_card.html
and found other types of LEXAR 256MB cards. I also checked the Eastgear website and there was the 256MB SD card BUT with the word "High Speed" written on the gren portion. The one I got had no such wording on the green portion. So I went to the lexar support line and live chat with them what is the specs of the product SD256-231, and the revert that it is a 4-5MB/s card! I also timed some transfer of large files to the SD card (via a USB2 card reader) and clocked ~4-5MB/s (is the test method right?)

Question:
So is the SD256-231 a high speed card(which I presume is 10MB/s) or not?

Hope for someone can advise.

Thanks!

tchuanye said:
Hope someone can advise.

I got the Lexar 256MB SD from the COMEX. The product number is SD256-231. On the packaging, I also notice some Japanese words ending with a 10MB/s, and it was advertised by the promoters as a hi-speed card. The SD card is a plain SD card with no "High Speed" wording or anything, just the 256MB wording.

However, out of curiosity, I checked the website: http://www.digitalfilm.com/digfilm/sd_card.html
and found other types of LEXAR 256MB cards. I also checked the Eastgear website and there was the 256MB SD card BUT with the word "High Speed" written on the gren portion. The one I got had no such wording on the green portion. So I went to the lexar support line and live chat with them what is the specs of the product SD256-231, and the revert that it is a 4-5MB/s card! I also timed some transfer of large files to the SD card (via a USB2 card reader) and clocked ~4-5MB/s (is the test method right?)

Question:
So is the SD256-231 a high speed card(which I presume is 10MB/s) or not?

Hope for someone can advise.

Thanks!

Dear tchuanye,

What you have bought from EastGear Pte Ltd is indeed the Lexar Media 10Mb/sec High Speed Card but with the Japanese Packaging.

You are right or Lexar Media USA is right to advise you that the SKU# SD256-231 is the 2-5Mb/sec card and the SD256-32-231 is their High Speed 10Mb/sec card but their Japan office do not share the same SKU# as their counterpart in USA. As Japan do not carry a 2-5Mb/sec card, they just label their SKU# as SD256-231.

Should you have any further queries about your product, do feel free to contact us at Lexar@convergent.com.sg.

Regards,
Julian Lee
Convergent Systems (S) Pte Ltd
1 Rochor Canal Road, #06-12 Sim Lim Square Singapore 188504
Main Line: (65) 6337 0177 Fax: (65) 6336 2247
Direct Line: (65) 6832 8840 Email: Julian@convergent.com.sg

Thanks and appreciate the reply!

test it out on a usb2.0 card reader n u will know....tx to n fro the SD card.... take timing.... the speed is somewhere there .....but read speed is always faster than write.... not everything is 10mb/s

Status
Not open for further replies.