Lexar 1GB CF capacity

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyperFocal

Aug 4, 2005
Hi all!

I've just purchased another 1GB Lexar CF. Question is, my other 2 Lexar CF cards have capacity of 983Mb (159 NEF+JPG), while this new one only has 933Mb (158 NEF_JPG). Kinda strange since the 3 cards are supposed to be exactly the same. Tried deleting all contents and formating, still the same.

Ok, it's just one frame less, but it's very odd. Could it be due to malfunction or damage when dropped? Any ideas?

hyperFocal said:
Hi all!

I've just purchased another 1GB Lexar CF. Question is, my other 2 Lexar CF cards have capacity of 983Mb (159 NEF+JPG), while this new one only has 933Mb (158 NEF_JPG). Kinda strange since the 3 cards are supposed to be exactly the same. Tried deleting all contents and formating, still the same.

Ok, it's just one frame less, but it's very odd. Could it be due to malfunction or damage when dropped? Any ideas?

Is yours the 80x Pro series? :)

FAT16/32 difference is it?

Yup, they're all 80x Pro series. I've formatted all 3 cards on the camera so the filesystem should be the same. Strange, huh?

Rather odd.. btw you should do a full format on card reader using a PC. If still 933, I think you should send it back for replacement. My apacer and kingston 256mb only differ by ~1MB.

Use Lexar's Image Rescue to do a format on your card. It may "restore" the card to the original capacity.

I have a Lexar 1GB CF 80x and I get less capacity when I format it in-camera. But when I format it using Image Rescue (not using Windows "Format" command), I get back the full capacity.

Tried formatting using Image Rescue, doesn't work. Looks like I need to send it to Lexar for replacement. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.