Levitatin woman...

shiruikage

Oct 30, 2007
www.flickr.com
see this photo...i'm thinking multiple jumps, and one tired women.
110513-2953-w1500_230838.jpg

Eh? Don't have to jump so many times... PS will do, tsk tsk
I remember being enamoured at Rosie Hardy's attempts; I think she's got a tutorial somewhere on her flickr

What you don't see is the platform she's jumping off from that has been pped away. Lol

That girl has a blog. She just times it properly. She has done so many she has it down pat. She also explains how she does it.

http://yowayowacamera.com/

Explanation.

How to take "Today's Levitation" (how I actually do) [2011/03/31]

- Equipments and shutter speed
Camera body: Canon EOS 5D Mk2
Lenses: Canon EF50mm F1.2L USM, EF24-70mm F2.8L USM, PENTAX 67 lenses (with adaptors)
Tripods: Gitzo's rapid-pole 3 steps with ball heads (from 1980s)
Shutter speed: 1/500 sec. or faster (1/320 sec. can be used in a darker condition)

- With a self-timer
EOS 5D Mk2 has a 10sec. timer as it's longest timer set up. This means that I can get away as far as 10 second distance from the camera after I press the shutter release button.
First, I get a composition and a focus manually.
Then I press the shutter release, run to the right position for a levitation as checking the camera's blinking red LED counts down 10 seconds and jump by my intuition.
In this manner, I need to jump over and over to get the right shot.

- Ask someone to press the shutter release button
When I take my levitation farther away from the camera than 10 second distance, I ask someone (mostly my friend) to press the shutter release button. First, I ask my friend to be a stand-in in a proper position to get a composition and a focus.
Then I go to the position to levitate, and my friend come to the camera (we switch our position) to press a shutter release button in time with my jumps.

Last edited: