Let's swim!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hairyharry

Jul 11, 2008
In Your Heart
Hello fellow photogs,
I'm here to to share and have your feedbacks if i meet
what my intentions cause i might see things differently.

My intention is to create a funny kind of photo where
prawns went in for a quick dive, while they leave their
'clothes' on one side. Took this at a local market. I've
this series under street and candids but wanted some
views on this one.

Setup
Camera: D200, Tamron 17-50 F2.8, UV filter
ISO: 400
Aperture: F2.8
Exposure: 1/15 sec
Focus length: 17mm

17.jpg

I am sorry to say looking at the picture I also don't really see it from your point of view.

But I thought it was an interesting idea to think of deshelling as removing clothes.

I think ur DOF abit too shallow, so cant really see the prawns in the styrofoam box below

The idea is there but the photo really doesn't express it. Looks dull and dirty i'm afraid :sweat:

Why don't you try it again using a studio set-up instead? :)

DOF is the main problem. Why have such a shallow DOF that nobody can see anything? I think if you really want to convey the meaning, you need to set up a bit. For example, at least leave the prawn head on! Unless when you swim, you remove your head too lol.

The concept is quite a good one though. It's a bit grotesque though if you think about it.

what is a studio set-up bro? where it can be applicable to this? sorry newbie here.;)

what is a studio set-up bro? where it can be applicable to this? sorry newbie here.;)

What i meant is capturing that 'idea' in the comfort of your home/anywhere else where lighting, DoF and subject placement are all under your complete control.

I like TS's idea but imho, I don't think it'll be very easy to bring out that idea to its fullest potential under supermarket/wet market conditions :sweat:

huh? You sure you're on the same wavelength? :bsmilie:

Of course. Which part is unclear? As of now, TS has a picture of deshelled prawns. Deshelling includes removal of head. But you don't remove your head when you swim do you. Maybe you do, but I don't.

To increase the comic effect you can deshell it such that the head remains but the shell is gone only. And ew the water is damn dirty.

Of course. Which part is unclear? As of now, TS has a picture of deshelled prawns. Deshelling includes removal of head. But you don't remove your head when you swim do you. Maybe you do, but I don't.

To increase the comic effect you can deshell it such that the head remains but the shell is gone only. And ew the water is damn dirty.

erm...correct me if i'm wrong, but what TS is trying to portray is that the shells in the foreground are the 'clothes' the prawns chucked to the side before diving 'naked' into the murky water.

Do your clothes have your head attached to them? Maybe yours do, but mine don't :)

Sorry I can't sense any "Let's swim" here...

Wow massive comments! Yeah true the dof too shallow and you can't actually see the prawns.
In this case, i failed. Hahha. Anyway really appreciate those comments as i don't expect it to
be this much. Thanks to DT too while i was away.

erm...correct me if i'm wrong, but what TS is trying to portray is that the shells in the foreground are the 'clothes' the prawns chucked to the side before diving 'naked' into the murky water.

Do your clothes have your head attached to them? Maybe yours do, but mine don't :)

Uh, can't you see the prawn shells and heads in the picture? Don't you realise we are talking about the same thing and are on the same side? Yes, what you said is exactly what he meant, and also how I interpreted it.

Because our heads are not attached to our clothes, hence the heads shouldn't be removed.

Wow massive comments! Yeah true the dof too shallow and you can't actually see the prawns.
In this case, i failed. Hahha. Anyway really appreciate those comments as i don't expect it to
be this much. Thanks to DT too while i was away.

np! ;)

Hope to see your second attempt at this if your free :)

oh my....
:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.