Lets do our own POLL : Are you HAPPY being Singaporean, living/working in Singapore?

Are you HAPPY being Singaporean, living/working here in Singapore?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mar 3, 2004
Ok, somewhat different from "Being Proud to be a Singaporean". ie, you go to Taiwan, Indonesia, you tell the people over there Singapore has this lah, has that, bagus etc.

Are you HAPPY to be a Singaporean, to be working here, living here?

Last edited:
yep. this would be a good contrast to if you are proud of being singaporean

Shucks, forgot to spec the poll to be open indefinitely. This poll will close automatically in 7 days.

you never live and work in other countries, how can you compare and how would you know if it's better or not

you must close your eyes and imagine.

for example, when i imagine working in france, i imagine that my boss is a hot french lady:

3.jpg

and that she wears nothing but a fruit hat on her head all day in the office.

by this way of deep concentration, i have fully comprehended what it's like to live in france. boy, is life there really, really good. :bsmilie:

Good indication.

How to ensure that those are Singaporean for both.

What would you do to make Singapore a good place to live?

you must close your eyes and imagine.

for example, when i imagine working in france, i imagine that my boss is a hot french lady:

3.jpg

and that she wears nothing but a fruit hat on her head all day in the office.

by this way of deep concentration, i have fully comprehended what it's like to live in france. boy, is life there really, really good. :bsmilie:

yea... only to find out when u get back home someone will chase u with a chopper:angel:

I am not working full-time yet but as a student, but I do know that the education system in S'pore is tougher than other countries like Aust.
But education here is well recognised in many countries (i.e. China/Taiwan/Aust). ;)

Maybe those ppl (who say they are no happy) would mind to share where else they worked beside Singapore?

Working in Singapore - Pay cut:thumbsd: No Bonus:thumbsd:Stressful
Now working in China - good pay + Allowance:thumbsup:

Working in Singapore - Pay cut:thumbsd: No Bonus:thumbsd:Stressful
Now working in China - good pay + Allowance:thumbsup:
Good! :thumbsup:

Working in Singapore - Pay cut, No Bonus, Stressful
Now working in China - good pay + Allowance

Good for you :thumbsup:

Like I've always said, Don't like it here... can always move out. ;)

Just hope the local don't see you like S'porean see FT..... stealing jobs, cause rise in property and living cost, unwilling to defend China during war.... etc. :think:

Last edited:
It is not true that one has to be permanently happy. Something is wrong with you if you are happy ALL of the time. Even when one is unhappy, sometimes one continues with present arrangement because the other side's grass is not greener. Unless there is threat to one's life, (as in Vietnam persecuting Vietnamese of Chinese origin after 1975 & as in Hitler persecuting the Jews in Nazi Germany) most people grin and bear it.

If you want to compare countries to live in there is always + and -.

Last edited:
Singaporeans who are happy definitely wont be complaining in the forums ....

Curious ...and what alternative countries should these unhappy people be living and working for them to be happy ?

Curious ...and what alternative countries should these unhappy people be living and working for them to be happy ?

go NZ and keep sheeps

i would like to move to the antartica to hunt polar bears

there, there will be no people blocking the entrance to my little ice sleigh.

there, i don't have to pay taxes on the fish i catch.

there, the xmm are all pure and untainted by capitalism.

there, it is not so hot, and the penguins that are my companions will not be kiasu.

there, i will be the native there, whole land to myself.

it is really a better place than singapore. :bsmilie:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.