Let's do lunch! (Prior to the Digital Imaging Seminar 2002)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Goi

ClubSNAP Idol
Staff member
How how?

May I suggest that we meet @ outside CP (sounds familiar hor?) from 12.30pm to 12.45pm before we adjorn for lunch?

For those who have problem locating us, I can be reached @ 96461910!

Hence if you're joining us, reply to this thread!

See ya ;)

You're one lucky guy who got a seat for the seminar.

I got a email reply and said I was too late :( They mentioned they will probably conduct another session. Hopefully it's true!

Please share with us after you attend the seminar.

Originally posted by Ling
You're one lucky guy who got a seat for the seminar.

I got a email reply and said I was too late :( They mentioned they will probably conduct another session. Hopefully it's true!

Please share with us after you attend the seminar.

Hi Ling and to the other Clubsnap members who have to sit out this seminar, I'm really sorry to hear that...

I'll try my best to understand what'll be going on during seminar(fyi, I'm not a techie) and hopefully I'll have some thing to share with the rest. However, I won't be alone as there'll be many of us there who are tech-savvy than me who will be happy to share in greater depth and clarity...hor ;)

Those who are going...how how?

Originally posted by AdamGoi
How how?

May I suggest that we meet @ outside CP (sounds familiar hor?) from 12.30pm to 12.45pm before we adjorn for lunch?

See ya ;)

good idea!
remember to bring along your CF card and SLR bodies cos canon will likely to be showing off their D60 and new lenses.
I can even hope them to provide models for us to try shooting at.

How how?

See ya ;)
ok, i be there at 12:30. cya.

erm, we need to register at 1PM. which mean we must be at CP at 12:30 sharp ~~~~~

we only have 30 mins for lunch.

Well...quite simple actually.

If you have S$490, go and grab a ColorVision Spyder from CP.

If you have S$6k, grab the complete suite of Eye-One.

If you're not happy with the pocessing speed of ur Intel/AMD-based PC when it comes to photo-editing, get a iMac!

In short, it's BUY BUY BUY!!!

Originally posted by zhoufang

good idea!
remember to bring along your CF card and SLR bodies cos canon will likely to be showing off their D60 and new lenses.
I can even hope them to provide models for us to try shooting at.

That did not happen, unfortunately. :(

Regards
CK

Hi Ling and to the other Clubsnap members who have to sit out this seminar, I'm really sorry to hear that...

I'll try my best to understand what'll be going on during seminar(fyi, I'm not a techie) and hopefully I'll have some thing to share with the rest. However, I won't be alone as there'll be many of us there who are tech-savvy than me who will be happy to share in greater depth and clarity...hor ;)

Those who are going...how how?

I managed to video all but the last 5 minutes of the colour management talk by Tan Kah Heng before the tape ran out. Didn't have extras with me. No point anyway, as changing tapes will lead to some discontinuity. Anybody knows if there are miniDV tapes which are > 60 minutes (yeah, I know we can get 90 minutes in LP mode, but I'd rather not do that).

Does anyone have like a 100GB harddisk to spare for transferring the video onto the PC? :p

Regards
CK

It seem the seminar is quite boring?? :)

Originally posted by Ling
It seem the seminar is quite boring?? :)

1st talk is about Colour Management, not so bad, though it's rather basic.

2nd talk is what I call "marketing talk" where the guy is trying to promote the Mac OS X platform, iPhoto, etc and also showing Photoshop 7.0. But he never show what PS7 has that the versions before does not. :(

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang

1st talk is about Colour Management, not so bad, though it's rather basic.

2nd talk is what I call "marketing talk" where the guy is trying to promote the Mac OS X platform, iPhoto, etc and also showing Photoshop 7.0. But he never show what PS7 has that the versions before does not. :(

Regards
CK

Well, it's a free talk, so... at least I learnt a thing or 2 about ICM and the iPod :p Can anyone recommend a better utility than Adobe Gamma, and yet doesn't require any sort of investment like their Spider and i1 stuff??

ckiang, quite scary how I mentioned your name and you were sitting behind me. Lucky I didn't say anything negative... :eek:

Originally posted by Lennier

Well, it's a free talk, so... at least I learnt a thing or 2 about ICM and the iPod :p Can anyone recommend a better utility than Adobe Gamma, and yet doesn't require any sort of investment like their Spider and i1 stuff??

ckiang, quite scary how I mentioned your name and you were sitting behind me. Lucky I didn't say anything negative... :eek:

This is called coincidence. I suddenly heard Clubsnap and my nick, then I saw you showing your friend the Cokin stuff. ;p Ah, at least I don't have to look high and low for you. :)

Adobe Gamma is quite alright. I use it on my home and office PCs. The rest of the calibration software/hardware all are not free.

Regards
CK

CKiang,

Sony & Panasonic has 8o mins mini-DV tape.

The video quality in LP mode is actually quite good compared to SP.
I can't really find much difference in quality even on a 29" TV.

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.