Lets create scenes with your Polaroid!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zjtutu

Apr 3, 2008
I am thinking of organising an event on my gf's behalf to raise awareness of Polaroid Cameras. Right now, Polaroids are being phased out (stopped production)as they are replaced by new and high tech cameras. We feel that we should do something about it to save Polaroids from becoming extinct.

My idea is to gather many volunteers who owns a Polaroid. Going around Orchard Road asking people if they would like to take a photo using the polaroid, spontaneously! "This instants, this moment, right here right now." After which, they get to keep the photos. In doing so, I hope to let more and more people to come in contact with the goodness of using polaroid and it will never be replaced by any other cameras. Polaroids are in a league of it own.

I think a strength of 50 volunteers and above will be ideal.
Date, time, venue still yet to be confirm until sufficient people volunteer here.

Anyone who owns a Polaroid are welcome to join!
Ideas are most welcome.

Input your name below if you are interested!!!

1) zjtutu

I am thinking of organising an event on my gf's behalf to raise awareness of Polaroid Cameras. Right now, Polaroids are being phased out (stopped production)as they are replaced by new and high tech cameras. We feel that we should do something about it to save Polaroids from becoming extinct.

My idea is to gather many volunteers who owns a Polaroid. Going around Orchard Road asking people if they would like to take a photo using the polaroid, spontaneously! "This instants, this moment, right here right now." After which, they get to keep the photos. In doing so, I hope to let more and more people to come in contact with the goodness of using polaroid and it will never be replaced by any other cameras. Polaroids are in a league of it own.

Date, time, venue still yet to be confirm until sufficient people volunteer here.

Ideas are most welcome.

1) zjtutu

count me in! =P
even though i dun own one (planning to get one!)..
i love polaroids, they are special.. it's memories..

polaroid = iconic + essential + culture + childhood memories + spontaneous

i cant imagine if the films really disappearing.. there will be lesser fun things to do in this world.. is like throwing away part of my memories! brain-wash!

polaroid is easy to shoot regardless of age.. catered to all.. just press 1 simple button and all you have to do is wait for the instant masterpiece of your own! no 2 polaroids are identical.. ur moment, ur memories right here!

it just so sad to see it disappear! :bheart:
let the soul and passion of polaroid live foreva people!!

Please give me a call at 9680 9036 i am working on a Polaroid event few months back
and i will confirm the date/time/place and what are the program line up end of this month!

Please give all your support! :thumbsup:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14391103967

Cheers!

Ideas are most welcome.

1) zjtutu
2) Nicholas 96705712

Thanks Nicholas68!!!

Am glad there's people like you. :)

count me in as well..but i need to get 600 film...completely ran out...anyone knows where else i can find it ? none of the shops near my place have it anymore..

hi, i saw in centrepoint, novena, the shops under photofinish groups like in b1 of junction 8, jurong point b1, ( ABT $22-42-45) DO NOT GO TO SERANGOON AREA TO BUY !!!! THE CROOKS CHARGES $60 FOR A PACKET OF 20 PIECES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;(

I'll be interested......but i'll need to dig my store for the polaroid first :)

Any updates?

Is it very expensive to own a polaroid? e.g. developing etcs.

Is it very expensive to own a polaroid? e.g. developing etcs.

a pack of 10 instant films will cost u about 20 - 25 dollars on average..

altho with production stopped now..it might actually increase..

Still no updates? :dunno:

threadstarter..you still around ?

is this project still on ?
Threadstarter last login was 2 weeks ago... I think totally forgotten about this project already...

Threadstarter last login was 2 weeks ago... I think totally forgotten about this project already...

i would really like to keep this project going on..but we deffinately need the numbers..

so CALLING ALL POLARIOD OWNERS, IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, PLEASE KINDLY ADD YOUR NAME TO THE LIST.

hopefully we can get something by june..

eamesboy, joined your group on facebook, would really appreciate it if you could help out and try to get more people to join in this event..

also, if someone with more than one polariod is willing to loan polaroids for this event, it would really help as well..

1. Am3thyst

*update* in a bid to get more people, i've created an event on facebook..link is here...please invite yourself to the event.

Status
Not open for further replies.