LetraGraphics Professional Lab

Status
Not open for further replies.

Date

Jun 13, 2003
West Singapore
Visit site
Just wish to let all users know that there is a pretty good lab for slides around Central Area. Details as below:
LetraGraphics Professional Lab Tel: 62967676 Fax: 62963290 Mon-Fri (office hours)
Blk 106, Boon Keng Road, #05-08, Kallang Basin Industrial Estate, S339777
Person to contact: May
35mm - 36 exp No Mount $6 Plastic Mount $9
35mm - 24 exp No Mount $5 Plastic Mount $7
120 - No Mount $5.50
4" x 5" - $4
5" x 7" - $10
8" x 10" - $ 15
They also do push/pull E6 processing. Processing are done in 1 day (Personally, except for weekends, I have never waited for over a day)
The lab is near Boon Keng MRT station and is located between Bendemeer Rd and Kallang Bahru

Please note that I am only a regular customer at this wonderful lab. I would hate to see another good lab exiting this business. For slide users, do give it a try. After some discussion, they are most likely to extend a discount (say 10%) for clubsnap members. I will do another post once they can confirm. Thanks.

sweat100

Jul 7, 2002
Singapore
sweat100.multiply.com
I agree with date. Have been there on 2 occassions because its near my house and no need to enter CBD. Sometimes can be faster than Fotohub at beach road. :thumbsup: services! If they agree on giving CS members 10% discount, then it would on of the cheapest place in town to develop slides!

Stoned

May 7, 2004
Changi
www.photo.net
gosh, $9 for mounted slides is pretty darn cheap! I'll be giving it a try soon. Thanks for the info.

locksley

Jan 26, 2004
Central Area
So near my place !!
WOW

Got printing service ?

Date

Jun 13, 2003
West Singapore
Visit site
They do printing too, but the prices are not very competitive. Will talk to them again this afternoon to see if they can work something out. Actually until recently, their processing prices for unmounted were even lower, but was told that running costs had increased. Personally I dun mind as the alternative would be to close the business. Hopefully more people can support and then can get a discount. Then this would be a win-win situation. :)

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Feb 15, 2003
Outside the Dry Box.
Visit site
locksley said:
So near my place !!
WOW

Got printing service ?
its between my house & my workplace... wonder if it shares the same season parking as mine... i'm like just opp it... how come until today den i know... still got 5 prepaid with fotohub...

they got do scanning of slides as well?

raine

Jul 10, 2004
Date said:
They do printing too, but the prices are not very competitive. Will talk to them again this afternoon to see if they can work something out. Actually until recently, their processing prices for unmounted were even lower, but was told that running costs had increased. Personally I dun mind as the alternative would be to close the business. Hopefully more people can support and then can get a discount. Then this would be a win-win situation. :)
thanks for sharing the info Date! and thanks for trying to get all of us here at clubsnap a better deal. i'm sure many of us here all appreciate it! :) i sure do!!! now i don't have to travel all the way to photo hub any more!!! yay!

:lovegrin:

Date

Jun 13, 2003
West Singapore
Visit site
Okay, here are some of the answers I managed to get from May:
For now, the discount of 10% for processing applies to 10 rolls and above (yeah, not so attractive), but at $6, the price is still okay and collection can still be done the next day (the fastest I ever got done was within a day - submitted in the morning and collected at 4pm).
Scanning services are available, but they are more expensive as they were geared for commercial scanning (sorry for my lack of knowledge in this area as I am averse to scanning...)
Printing prices still not confirmed as they are also trying to bring it in tune to what's around the market. However they also do larger prints from around A2 size (17"x24").
Fyi, they used to do processing for some of the shops in Peninsular area but not anymore (paiseh, not so convenient to provide names here).
Hopefully this helps. Again, I dun earn a single cent out of this but I just hate the idea of losing a good developer in Singapore. When Fuji and Spectra exited the market, there are only a few precious developers left :cry:

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Feb 15, 2003
Outside the Dry Box.
Visit site
sure will support them lah... but need to know their scanning prices... cos if i was to develop at letra, den bring to fotohub to scan, imagine the cost..

drive into CBD, (2 bucks) x2 4 bucks
scan 12 bucks (i think)
parking (1 buck) x2 2 bucks

all in all, another extra 6 bucks... can use for developing at fotohub... ;p

Date

Jun 13, 2003
West Singapore
Visit site
Del_CtrInoAlt,
Understand your concerns on this. But from what I understand, they do high quality scan on individual slides as they were more tuned to the needs of commercial entities. So I guess that means you can zoom in on your best slides for scanning then. But what I really suggest is that you call May to see if they can work out an arrangement with you.
If its any consolation, there's bus 961 along Kallang Bahru tt will take you to Beach Road in 10 mins (just a small suggestion).

Long Thai Bean

Dec 14, 2003
The 3rd Rock
beansproutpics.zenfolio.com
Hi date,

Do you know if they are the same group of people that use to run Spectra Colours ... they seem to be in the same place or around the same building ... I use to know Helen from Spectra and they did very good turn-around time for me ... even on 20+ rolls of slides ... could do it on the same day (dropped off before 1pm and self-collect after 4pm).

Anyway commercial hi-res (high quality) scan is definately worth while paying for ... most of the digilabs do not like to do slide scanning because they feel that it is a lot of work to do each frame (mounted) at a time. Even the unmounted ones .. they are rather reluctant to do. Not really sure why ... because it would be similar to scanning a roll of negatives ...

RGDs

Date

Jun 13, 2003
West Singapore
Visit site
LongThaiBean,
Okay... Spectra and LetraGraphics were separate entities (now tt Spectra has exited). Spectra was located at the JTC factories along Bendemeer Road while LetraGraphics is located diagonally opposite in another JTC site closer to Kallang Bahru.
When Spectra closed, I was told by them that one of their staff was on the way to join LetraGraphics. For this you would have to confirm with May.
Processing at LetraGraphics is prompt, and if you need it urgently, they are usually quite accommodating if the workload is manageable (submit morning & collect mid afternoon at no extra charges). Just hope users will find this "lobang" useful ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.