Status
Not open for further replies.

ckiang

Jan 17, 2002
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
www.ckphoto.net
Hi,

DSCN1732web.jpg

Taken in year 2000 when I was there for a holiday. One of the domes of the St. Peter's Cathedral, Vatican City, Rome, Italy.

Coolpix 950 on floor (!), no tripods allowed. This is where the swivel really comes in handy.

Regards
CK

wow, how come no tripods allowed??

Originally posted by eadwine

Typically, cathedrals in Europe either have:
1. No tripod, no flash (darn)
2. Allow tripod, no flash (not so bad)

Most don't allow use of flash.

In the above, the moment I start setting up the tripod, the guard came over and tell me in Italian (dun understand) and gesticulating not to use it.

Regards
CK

Originally posted by eadwine

I think they don't want you to spoil the tiles (since tripods got point legs that concentrate a lot of pressure) which may be hundred of years old....

I tried taking photos in Fullerton Hotel before and I was stopped from using the tripod as well. But that was after I took the shots I wanted already, hehhe.

Originally posted by Tweek

I think they don't want you to spoil the tiles (since tripods got point legs that concentrate a lot of pressure) which may be hundred of years old....

I tried taking photos in Fullerton Hotel before and I was stopped from using the tripod as well. But that was after I took the shots I wanted already, hehhe.

hehehe lucky! Maybe because of the 9-11 incident, security tighter everywhere. Sigh.

took the same pic at the roof when i was there a couple of years ago......

even had a glimpse of the pope on his truck.....

back then i was using a point and shoot instant nikon camera.... guess you know how the picture look......:)

Originally posted by looteer
took the same pic at the roof when i was there a couple of years ago......

even had a glimpse of the pope on his truck.....

back then i was using a point and shoot instant nikon camera.... guess you know how the picture look......:)

Were you there in July 2000? Coz I got a pic of the Pope on the truck also. :)

Regards
CK

okay lah me think..... wah... it was back in 1998 when i was there..... during summer..... very hot....almost 4 years already... how time flies......

anyway, we were quite luckly to see him..... coz he blessed us ;) and he don't come out frequently......

i still remember the popular stuff there is to buy first day covers, send mail from inside.... collect some of the currency used in there......
:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.