Let me introduce myself.................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niklas

May 23, 2009
Denmark
I'm Scandinavian.

I'm Crazy 'bout any "man's toy".
Sailboats, Motorcycles, HiFi, Photo, Travelling and , not to forget, my wife.

It just so happens that they all tend to be a burdon on the budget.
:dunno:

I used to do a little SLR, RF, Bench and Repro photographing in the 80's and 90's.
Canon F1 New, A1, Rolleiflex two eyed, Minolta SRT 101, Leica M3, Voigtländer etc.

Some years ago my 5 years old Minolta Dimage 7i crashed.

Now I want to get back into SLR with a "d" in front.
What I won't miss are those dark/red hours developing colour transparancies/B&W.

Waiting for my order to show up and I might just try posting some of my pictures when I get to know the new gear.

Looking forward to this summer!
Thank you for having me on ClubSnap Forum.

Niklas

Welcome.

As one who also came from film camera, I found that the initial learning curve switching from film to digital is not too difficult:

- Instead of using darkroom, now I am using Lightroom to do post processng. :)

- Instead of framing the picture carefully before pressing down on the shutter, now I learn to do machine gun shoots and crop the photos afterward. Although my machine gun shoots will usually limited to 3 shoots rather than 20 as some bros here in the forum.

- Learn to appreciate the benefit of auto focus since I came from manual focus. That's is not that difficult since the AF normally is pretty accurate. And with my age, manual focus is no longer an option anyway. Now if it is OOF, I can blame it on the camera rather than my eyesight.

- Learn to appreciate the IS/VR now that I have shaky hands.

Enjoy your stay here.

Cheers.

Welcome Niklas.

Man, you got some serious $$$ hobbies there! Would love to see your photo collection one day!

Well, while everyone's foolin around on PhotoShop and Lightroom, I'm re-discovering darkroom work all over again! :bsmilie: I'm sure you'll find Dee-SLR-ing fun and at the same time frustrating, but on the whole you'll enjoy it.

Be sure to come back often and post up.

CHEERS!

Hi! Welcome to CS!!! :D

Hi Niklas,

welcome to CS... :)

Welcome to CS !
W/ ur experience in SLR, switching to DSLR will be a breeze ;)

Hi Niklas! welcome to CS!
Wow you must have a really huge budget to accomodate all those "hobbies"...

Welcome.

- Instead of framing the picture carefully before pressing down on the shutter, now I learn to do machine gun shoots and crop the photos afterward. Although my machine gun shoots will usually limited to 3 shoots rather than 20 as some bros here in the forum.

HAHA! Mega PRO! :thumbsup:

Hello and welcome to the best forum on the net

Status
Not open for further replies.