Lest we Forget

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sjourn

Aug 9, 2004
Punggol 21
final1.jpg

Just returned from Kota Kinabalu, was at the War Memorial and took a few pics..

decided to make a dedication to the soldiers who defended the land, out of 3000, 6 survived..

RIP..

Very good attempt, the concept/ idea is there, but the message within the photo is not strong so far so that the viewer doesn't feel / get the impact.

hahah wah so great editing! hahah i feel wad u feel man haha

Thanks for the comments..

always trying something new though..

The theme of this post share similarity with that at the Critique Corner...Memories on a knife edge. Both are memory of WW II, one in Europe and one in Asia/S E Asia. One in still life setting and this in photo-collage treatment. As it is historical event, any elements that piece in wrongly will usually get a serious comment.

As for this picture, more images could be added, like POWs and/or scene of dead soldiers lying around in battle field, currently, the backgrd tree is too strong and the position of the helmet isn't too pleasing ( photographically speaking ). Can refers to some war movie or historical documentary for idea,before working on the picture.

Photo-collages, one of the demanding type of presentation, it is actually many pictures put together and blend to a perfect result....one word sum it all...Tedious.

Was there any plaque with names of those soldiers ? It will be great to superimpose. In memories of the England and Australian soldiers.

Last edited:
hahah wah so great editing! hahah i feel wad u feel man haha

Haha means very funny or your signature lingo ?

Last edited:
Not again. I am interested in all dead ones. Maybe you can start by telling us what camerla equipment you used? This abstract and syill life. You think your photoss qualified for this section?

Last edited:
Not again. I am interested in all dead ones. Maybe you can start by telling us what camerla equipment you used? This abstract and syill life. You think your photoss qualified for this section?

Sorry SIR, I think you are confused, ClubSnap welcomes photo submission from all members, there are no standard set nor minimum qualification required nor what type of equipment used. ( Hope I get it all right. )

Last edited:
so far, thanks for the comments cabbySHE, they're well noted.

Just for info, I was using a point and shoot, U1030, olympus. Whether its qualified or not, I leave it to the viewers.

Sorry SIR, I think you are confused, ClubSnap welcomes photo submission from all members, there are no standard set nor minimum qualification required nor what type of equipment used. ( Hope I get it all right. )

Huh, i just asked what equipment the poster used that's all. :bsmilie:

so far, thanks for the comments cabbySHE, they're well noted.

Just for info, I was using a point and shoot, U1030, olympus. Whether its qualified or not, I leave it to the viewers.

Hi,
Hmm, even with film or dslr and take the same picture will not make a difference. :sweatsm:

Last edited:
im confused to what this is actually.

Is it a photo of a picture or did you composite two images by blending the soldiers behind?
If its the latter , then there's potential. I think you have to add more character to this piece.The bottom quarter especially is just non-impactful, the leaves and all just distracts the whole mood you're going for.

I would suggest more textures overlay and some burn and colour adjustments just to set the tone right.

There are people who may not know all the battles in WW2. In every battle of the war there are different stages taking plece at different locations. So this memorial commemorates all those who died in ww2, specifically the struggles against the Japanese Imperial Army? Or the 6 out of 3000 who survived was part of one section of defenders?

Looking at the photos its very difficlut for me to visualize what that battle/s in ww2 was about.

In a movie or documentary you have minutes or a couple of hours to put your point through. In a photo you only have one plane to bring the message across.

Photos on wars are based on facts. If it can't tell anything its just another snap shot or blend of a series of snap shots.

im confused to what this is actually.

Is it a photo of a picture or did you composite two images by blending the soldiers behind?
If its the latter , then there's potential. I think you have to add more character to this piece.The bottom quarter especially is just non-impactful, the leaves and all just distracts the whole mood you're going for.

I would suggest more textures overlay and some burn and colour adjustments just to set the tone right.

its 2 snap images blended, and was tring out PS. Thanks for the comment and tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.