Leslie Kee, "Banned here? I am not angry"

Status
Not open for further replies.

reachme2003

Oct 6, 2003
he is referring to the ban on his book, SuperStars. he is back here with an exhibition at the national museum till this friday. images are from his banned book. free.

Went to see today... But What banned?? :dunno:

Hmmm, just reminded me to go down to the museum to take a look.

I believe that one of the images that was banned was one of a guy showing his pubic hair. Don't know if there are any full frontal ones.

The banning of the images is to appease the anonymous conservative element of Singapore society. Who those conservative elements are and how many of them is a mystery to me.

I believe that one of the images that was banned was one of a guy showing his pubic hair. Don't know if there are any full frontal ones.

That's funny considering how many girls i see on the train and bus with half their butt and part of their bush sticking out of they waaaaaaaaaaaay too low jeans or super duper ultra mini skirt.

That's funny considering how many girls i see on the train and bus with half their butt and part of their bush sticking out of they waaaaaaaaaaaay too low jeans or super duper ultra mini skirt.

Later you get 'si bak chiam' then you know! :bsmilie:

have meh?? how often you go peeping? :p

NPNT
:bsmilie:

TS: Well, Leslie just being cordial...he's having an exhibition here anyway, he can't @#!@^ the authorities right? SG has a small market, can't sell that many albums anyway, being banned in a way is free publicity for him.

The more works are banned here, the greater the latitude of exposure is given to the photographer/artist outside of our shores.

This is utterly stupid. Conservative elements? My ass. If they know what is good for them, they should just take reponsibility for their own beliefs and not leverage on a dominant government to expound their views and attitudes.

There's always a choice to view or not to. Weakness ain't a good excuse.

Sorry for the rant.It's just too idiotic,ya know.

Leslie's being quite maganimous already. Many people I know would have simply burned their bridges.

Wasn't very impressed by the exhibition, but that's me. It was an odd way to link to the tsunami disaster; shooting glam pics of superstars. *shrug*
I don't agree with censoring him btw. Just commenting on the quality of his pics.

The more works are banned here, the greater the latitude of exposure is given to the photographer/artist outside of our shores.

This is utterly stupid. Conservative elements? My ass. If they know what is good for them, they should just take reponsibility for their own beliefs and not leverage on a dominant government to expound their views and attitudes.

There's always a choice to view or not to. Weakness ain't a good excuse.

Sorry for the rant.It's just too idiotic,ya know.

Leslie's being quite maganimous already. Many people I know would have simply burned their bridges.

I think the conservative elements are already within the dominant government. What worse is that many of them are in positions of decision makings which enable them impose their beliefs on the others.

visited today. unfortunately, to me, many of the asian artistes are not recognisable. artistes' name and short caption would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.