Leopard Of AH

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobCheong

Dec 13, 2003
Visit site
Anyone who visit the Butterfly Trail can never fail to see these colourful butts frolicking among the Lantanas. I love capturing them as they are one of the butterflies that look good from any angle, at least to me LOL.

LeopardAH051203.jpg

Leopard02AH051203.jpg

The first shot is superb! :thumbsup: But find it a bit too centered. 2nd shot maybe could have cropped out the leaf at the bottom of the pic. Also, the yellow flowers on the 2nd pic look overexposed.

Thanks for the feedback Garion. Yeah the yellow in the second pic's wash out. :embrass: Back to the drawing baord LOL. Thanks for pointing it out Garion.

I am a newbie here and really want to learn form you Guys and Gals.
Nice catch of the Phalanta phalanta there in #1. Lighting and contrast are good.
Can consider cropping the Leaf at the bottom LHS, a bit distructing.

well, the scientic name is Phalanta phalantha phalantha. Note the extra 'h' in the specific and subspecific names.

Thanks Macross for the corrections.
Noted.

Thanks Pixelated & MaGixShOe.

Have not seen your macro shots for a long time MaGixShOe. :)

Thanks for the suggestion Outlook. I did consider whether to remove the leaf at bottom left. But that would leave alot of space at left. so I left it there and hope it will help lead the viewers' eyes back to the picture LOL.

That extra OOF leaf added some dimension to the overall picture. Without it the Butt and the flowers would look really flat (2D). Just a Newbie point of view.

:thumbsup:

Love the first pic:thumbsup: Would have prefered if the left leaf at bottom were not there

BobCheong said:
Anyone who visit the Butterfly Trail can never fail to see these colourful butts frolicking among the Lantanas. I love capturing them as they are one of the butterflies that look good from any angle, at least to me LOL.

LeopardAH051203.jpg

Leopard02AH051203.jpg

I was there last Sunday but never have luck to see one leh.... Only this butt below...a very common in AH.

21.jpg

Maybe they are not coming out because of the weather. The one you shot is the Dark Glassy Tiger.

the colours and BG is impressive.:thumbsup:

BobCheong said:
Maybe they are not coming out because of the weather. The one you shot is the Dark Glassy Tiger.

So what time is your shot? I went there in the early morning and I rather prefer to shot in an overcast day.

BobCheong said:
They seem more active at lunch time ;)
Bob, care to share the gears you used for shot #1. and also the Exif.
I think it is very sharp and nice thought I felt a little bright. did u used ext flash light?
Thanks for sharing.:)

Hosea said:
Bob, care to share the gears you used for shot #1. and also the Exif.
I think it is very sharp and nice thought I felt a little bright. did u used ext flash light?
Thanks for sharing.:)

Hi Hosea, I use the Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 + 25mm extension tube on my 20D. flash is the Sigma 500 DG Super. Settings for the shot is: 1/250s, F/8, ISO 800, fill flash -1.0 EV. Shot at 200mm in Raw. Hope that helps. :cheers:

Quite full/crowd on right, leave some space on left can balance out. Leaving some space for right portion to extend to the left. Also the lower left corner in the BF's heading direction, can leave blank. 2 cents.

BobCheong said:
Thanks for the suggestion Outlook. I did consider whether to remove the leaf at bottom left. But that would leave alot of space at left. so I left it there and hope it will help lead the viewers' eyes back to the picture LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.