lenses

Status
Not open for further replies.

spirit

Nov 15, 2002
Visit site
hi,

jus need to clarify on something.
what type of lens do i need if i were to take pics in sporting events. well u see, i recetly picked two new hobbies - golf n horse riding. i would like to use my photography knowledge to capture those moments in these two new hobbies. besides lenses, r there any other equipment that u think could enhance my pics.

thnx

Generally shooting sports you want a long lens. This is because you cannot always get close to the action. Now I think your situation may not be typical in that you will most likely be shooting your friends while you participate in the sport. If this is the case caring around a camera on a horse can be a bit risky. I have taken a few falls from horse and I don't think I would want a big camera and lens to come between me and the ground.

Now if you are just shooting as an observer rather then a participant in the sport.. Long lens comes in very handy, Tripod or monopon to help hold the long lens still...

Good luck..

Mike

Originally posted by spirit
hi,

jus need to clarify on something.
what type of lens do i need if i were to take pics in sporting events. well u see, i recetly picked two new hobbies - golf n horse riding. i would like to use my photography knowledge to capture those moments in these two new hobbies. besides lenses, r there any other equipment that u think could enhance my pics.

thnx

just my 2cts worth...
well here's some choices

Lenses
AF 70-200f4
AF 70-200f2.8
AF 100-300f4-5.6
AF 75-300f4-5.6
AF 300f4
AF 400f5.6
or the infamous AF 50-500mm ;p

Extender/ Teleconverter
1.4x
2x

Extension tube
20mm
25mm
36mm

Film
a fast one, perferably ISO400 or 800

Big plastic bag
U never noe when it may just rain

point to note: Never aim the flash directly at the players face, they'll curse and swear

Status
Not open for further replies.