lenses that i(newbie) should start off with. cheap i hope

Status
Not open for further replies.
really depends what you wanna shoot :)

more zoom/reach? sharper images? a better general lens? what subjects? portraits/landscapes/nature/close-up/events/animals/birds?

and what's your current lens?

er ... i got only a kit lens 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 thats bout it. i tink i more interested in close-up bug or nature shots or range would do well as well . which are cheap and good lens to start of with?

maybe a 2nd hand 55-200mm ;)

hello there :)
first of all, i think you should keep using your kit lens until a point of time whereby u think there is a need to upgrade.
Secondly, A lot of things out there are related to nature. Be it bird photography, macro, landscape, all of them can be classified under nature.
thirdly, for a start, u might wan to try canon 75-300 III for bird/animal photography. Whereas for macro, the cheapest method is to do lens reversing. As for landscape, i think u cant use your kit lens for the time being until u find a need to upgrade

I just started the hobby and i intend to get my second lens but i do not know what lens i should get pls advise

you may want to consider the Sigma 75-300 EX DG which also has O.K. macro abilities

Hey guys, Don't mind me asking, I was wondering how much a second hand Nikon AF-S DX VR 55-200 mm lens will be? :embrass:

2nd hand?

Its quite new right? Coz I missed the offer of $199 when I got my D60 @ the IT show.

You think there'll be a second hand for it? Just wondering.;p

I just started the hobby and i intend to get my second lens but i do not know what lens i should get pls advise

If you don't know this then you don't need any 2nd lens - that's the simple truth.
As others have pointed out: figure out what you want to shoot. Check how you use your lens and where exactly you run into limitations. First check if it is something about your skills and usage of cam or if it's really a limitation of equipment (e.g. focal length, depth of field, aperture, sharpness etc.). This will also improve your knowledge about equipment and helps deciding what you need to overcome the limitations.
Instead of getting an expensive IS lens you could stick to your kit lens and get a tripod. That helps already a lot to stabilize your camera and it's useful for a lot of nature shoots, low light pictures and others.
There is no need for "constant upgrading" when it comes to equipment, only for your skills :)

Hey guys, Don't mind me asking, I was wondering how much a second hand Nikon AF-S DX VR 55-200 mm lens will be?

saw someone selling @ $300 in BnS forum.

lol i think that is out of his budget cause he said he could get it at 199 at it show

It was the promotion...I could have gotten it at 199 together with e Nikon D60. Thought I could save up, n get a second hand. Oh well...$$$$$$:bsmilie:

i just bought D60 today and looking to buy a lens too

Status
Not open for further replies.