Lenses sugguestion for ROM.......urgent!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

triggerhappy79

Aug 20, 2006
Bedok
hi guys, 2molo going to help my frd to take her ROM. I need some advice on e lenses tat i need. Basically will be bringing along 5D with 24-70L mounted n flash. E problem now is tat for e 2nd body which is 30D, i dunno wat to mount on this. I have e 85L n 70-200 f2.8L IS, which of it would u mount on e 30D, as i have only one flash, i will use it on 5D. Kindly pls advise.

since u already got the 24-70 range covered, just slap on the 70-200 IS.. the IS wld be useful since you don't have a flash, plus u get a choice to get a close crop for pictures shld you need to.

just my 2 cents. =)

is there a need to bring 2 bodies? just bring along all 3 lenses although i doubt you will use the 70-200mm. the 5D will be a better choice given that you probably be using wide angle lenses more (due to the sensor crop on the 30D)

Actually i have not done this, before, jus tat my frd asked mi to, although i told her not to expect those pro photos to come, but then again, i dun wan her to go back with no pics. So wanna make e best of it, some experience from this is gd too. 2nd body would be nice as i dun have to switch between lenses. kinda troublesome.

hope it will be a positive experience then

it really depends on urself. on the other body for me will be for candids. and usually i use 35 or 85 prime.

Eh, depends on myself?lol, i would love to depend on myself as well, but 1st time, would love to hear from e more experienced photographers. 85L sounds nice , would it be too far on a 1.6x crop cam?

Actually i have not done this, before, jus tat my frd asked mi to, although i told her not to expect those pro photos to come, but then again, i dun wan her to go back with no pics. So wanna make e best of it, some experience from this is gd too. 2nd body would be nice as i dun have to switch between lenses. kinda troublesome.

thans....... cross my fingers n pray for e best..

Eh, depends on myself?lol, i would love to depend on myself as well, but 1st time, would love to hear from e more experienced photographers. 85L sounds nice , would it be too far on a 1.6x crop cam?
just use anything that you most commonly use as a general lens other than 24-70... you probable will use it more than the other

5D with 24-70 and flash.

as for 30D. 85 will do. 70-200 can be used for portraits shots later after the ROM session. perhaps. :D

and that is some nice equipment you have got there:D

all the best for your shooting session tomorrow.

I second you wanzw

For your flash, good to have a bounce card. It'll give you a nice colour and (lesser) shadow.
Make sure you got a good set of batteries. 30D can be a backup, just in case.

Enjoy the experience and day!!

U do not need a 70-200 in my opinion. The weight will tire u and with shaky hands later how to shoot properly? I would suggest a 50mm prime to get some bokeh composition and yr 24-70 to cover wide.

U do not need a 70-200 in my opinion. The weight will tire u and with shaky hands later how to shoot properly? I would suggest a 50mm prime to get some bokeh composition and yr 24-70 to cover wide.

i would love to have e 50mm L but no more $$ after e things i have gotten... fair enuff, e weight is some wat heavy.... but think mostly using e 24-70, 2nd is to take those candids.

5D with 24-70 and flash.

as for 30D. 85 will do. 70-200 can be used for portraits shots later after the ROM session. perhaps. :D

and that is some nice equipment you have got there:D

all the best for your shooting session tomorrow.

Thanks Wan, lovely equipment but still in e process of discovering how to use it efficiently.:)
Thank you.

I second you wanzw

For your flash, good to have a bounce card. It'll give you a nice colour and (lesser) shadow.
Make sure you got a good set of batteries. 30D can be a backup, just in case.

Enjoy the experience and day!!

bounce card? eh, have e omibounce n e lightsphere clear. which will be better. more often i use e omibounce. would e light shere be better in this case? Too many doubts...sigh.

bounce card? eh, have e omibounce n e lightsphere clear. which will be better. more often i use e omibounce. would e light shere be better in this case? Too many doubts...sigh.

YES!! never leave your LSII Clear at home :thumbsup:

just make sure when you are shooting vertical dun leave ur lightsphere on. it can create some harsh shadows at the side beacuse the lightsphere is 360 degree light up.

my goodness, you have so many good stuffs and not sure what to use?

anyway, the key is to keep it simple, so you can concentrates of creating pictures.

the ceremony is so short, only 5 mins, so just use 24~70 on 5D with flash plus LS PJ, no one is gonne wait for you to change lens or camera or this and that.

The rest of the time, still is a 24~70 lens jobs, 85mm is nice, if you have time to use them.

you can carry as many things as you like, but if you can't move faster then the bride with all your barang barang, then forget it!

my goodness, you have so many good stuffs and not sure what to use?

anyway, the key is to keep it simple, so you can concentrates of creating pictures.

the ceremony is so short, only 5 mins, so just use 24~70 on 5D with flash plus LS PJ, no one is gonne wait for you to change lens or camera or this and that.

The rest of the time, still is a 24~70 lens jobs, 85mm is nice, if you have time to use them.

you can carry as many things as you like, but if you can't move faster then the bride with all your barang barang, then forget it!

heehee.. I agree with catchlights.. we are too engrossed into equipment.. I brought my 50mm, 85mm and 24-105 in a day wedding coverage.. end up only use 24-105 :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.