Lenses Help !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShiNn

Nov 26, 2006
I need help on which lens to get for landscape and portrait photography... I'm considering on getting a 2nd hand lens.. thanks in advance:)

wats ur budget?

landscape -> wide angle, 12mm and above for dslr or 28mm for film
f-stop is no worry. u would want to shoot at f8 and above.
there are a lot of cheap lenses out there which do great landscape.

potrait -> looking in the range of 60mm - 200mm, get one with a wide aperture and gives good bokeh. common range would be the 85mm, 90mm, 100mm and the 105.

u are looking at 2 very differnet aspects of photography.
one is more studio the other is more travel... quite on the extremes

im using 400D. my budget is as low as possible becuz i have not known wat the market price is what for which lens. still a newbie.. haha.

btw, im looking out for a cheap 2nd hand lens that is suitable for landscape photos.

im using 400D. my budget is as low as possible becuz i have not known wat the market price is what for which lens. still a newbie.. haha.

In your case, I would suggest that you stick to your kit lens. The focal range is just nice lanscape, and should be pretty useful for most portraits. Find out what is your prefered focal length, as well as use the opportunity to understand more about the technicality of photography before plunging more $$ into this hobby.

Maybe you can add in a 50mm f/1.8 ($130+) for your portraits. It'll be useful for lowlight and gives rather nice bokeh.

for the price you pay, you'll love the 50mm f1.8.

ok. thanks might consider that lens. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.