Lenses For Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

SianZronG

Sep 2, 2002
Punggol
www.1stjournal.com
I'm Quite new with cameras.... what lenses are there and wat are they used for....?? :)

Just wondering i there a lense to increase brightness in the lense...

Thanks....

Originally posted by SianZronG
Just wondering i there a lense to increase brightness in the lense...
Interesting idea... if there were such a thing, I think it would undoubtedly win the title of "most useful technology in photography" (to quote from one of the ongoing polls)! ;)

Originally posted by Midnight
Interesting idea... if there were such a thing, I think it would undoubtedly win the title of "most useful technology in photography" (to quote from one of the ongoing polls)! ;)

yeah yeah :bsmilie: i go make and patent it sure earn big bucks....

Originally posted by SianZronG
Just wondering i there a lense to increase brightness in the lense..
Thanks....
Increase the brightness? meaning; amplify the light coming into the lens?
This kind of technology exist for long time, evolving better and better, but still not that good for photography purposes. It can be found mostly in night vision scope used by military forces.
Unfortunately it is monochrome with greenish hue, no colors.
There is also a lens (can be adapted to 35mm SLR) using this technology, by using this lens, you can shoot in the dark where your eyes barely can see.

If this technology evolving further, soon or later its quality will be good enough for photography and can amplify colorful light, so your dream of increasing lens brightness may come true.

Originally posted by tsdh

This kind of technology exist for long time, evolving better and better, but still not that good for photography purposes. It can be found mostly in night vision scope used by military forces.
There is also a lens (can be adapted to 35mm SLR) using this technology, by using this lens, you can shoot in the dark where your eyes barely can see.

If this technology evolving further, soon or later its quality will be good enough for photography and can amplify colorful light, so your dream of increasing lens brightness may come true.

wah lao like that no hope liaoz :D

Originally posted by tsdh

actually strictly speaking..it is not enhancing the light...just part of the EM Spectrem outside the visible light spectrem

Hmm actually if you check the link tsdh provided, it does seem to qualify as visible light amplification (not of IR or other invisible wavelengths), albeit after a process of conversion to electrical energy and then back again to light: http://www.morovision.com/hownightvisionworks.htm .

Status
Not open for further replies.